CTRO™ Registered Trader Scheme
Our dedicated traders team has set up the CTRO™ Registered Trader Scheme, in association with some of the country’s leading tuning specialists and insurance companies. These companies have been hand picked by the team at CTRO™, and the the scheme helps you to make an informed choice if you need the services of a trader. It also supports and recognises those businesses which are committed to high standards of trading.
All the businesses that have joined this scheme have been vetted by CTRO™ and have completed the application form and met all of the required credentials and procedures to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way and all must agree to abide by our code of practice.
- Please note that this is an introductory service only.
- All contracts entered into as a result of the scheme are strictly between the trader and the consumer.
- CTRO™ does not act as an agent for any trader and has no contractual liability.
- The inclusion of a business in the Scheme does not mean that the Trading Standards Service guarantees the quality of the goods or service provided nor can we accept any responsibility for any aspect of the work. We are also unable to guarantee the financial standing of members nor their Health and Safety procedures.
- The decision to use a particular business rests solely with the consumer.
Join our Registered Trader Scheme
Information for traders about the benefits of, and how to join, the CTRO™ Registered Trader Scheme.
Benefits of membership
- Business advertising – the business contact details are held on the CTRO™ Registered Trader Scheme web pages and also on the CTRO™ SMN (Social Media Network) which is widely available and has a reach of over 2 million people using our forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and via official Honda channels.
- An improved relationship with the other CTRO™ traders and trading team.
- Free advice on legislation and information relevant to the trader.
- The scheme’s logo can be used on company documentation, advertisements, promotional materials and vehicles. This will show the business has passed the vetting procedure.
- Increased consumer confidence which will lead to fewer complaints.
- Access to a CTRO™ mediation service should there be any disputes between consumers and traders.
- Trader feedback forms are available for customers. These enhance the trader’s image and provide valuable customer feedback, therefore improving the level of customer satisfaction and a possible increase in more business.
- We can offer traders relevant information and material to assist the business.
- Helping to stop bogus traders, cold callers and to reduce doorstep crime.
Trader Vetting Criteria
Traders go through a stringent vetting process including the following checks:
- Preliminary company checks including the following
- County Court Judgements
- Trading Standards complaints history
- Citizens Advice / Consumer Helpline complaints history
- Companies House Registration
- VAT Registration
- Verification of any trade association membership claims or other professional bodies
- Compliance with civil and criminal law
- Verification of the traders business documentation
- References from customers and trade accounts
- Consumer credit licence where applicable.
- Compliance with the scheme Code of Practice
- Joining fee: £240.00
- Renewal fee: £20 per month (or payable in quarterly or half yearly increments)
The above fees include 12 months listing on the website and all CTRO™ SMN channels. All fees are to be reviewed annually. Please ask for further information, when making an enquiry about membership.
Limitations of the scheme
Please see the CTRO™ Registered Trader Scheme disclaimer for scheme limitations.
How to join
You can apply to join the scheme in a number of ways:
- Contact us and we will send an application pack, which should be completed and returned.
- Download and return a completed application form.
- Interest can also be registered by emailing the Registered Trader Scheme.
Members must also agree to abide by the scheme Code of Practice.
Applicants refused entry onto the scheme will be charged for any payment incurred by checks already made. If membership is revoked after joining the scheme, the fee paid is non-refundable. Reasons for refusal or revocation of membership will be given in writing. Any appeal against the decision must be made in writing to the Consumer Protection Manager, within 14 days of the decision to refuse or revoke membership. The scheme also reserves the right to cancel a trader’s membership at any time if the business is not abiding by the principles or commitments of the scheme.
All feedback, positive or negative, about a customer’s experience of a service will be displayed on the customer feedback page in the traders relevant section on the forum. A trader will be given the opportunity to reply to any negative feedback and this response will also be made live.