Well it’s here!
CTRO were invited by Honda Europe to see the unveil of the new Civic Type R first hand as well as its unveiling at this year’s Geneva Motorshow.
The unveil event was held within and industrial building on the outskirts of Geneva with representatives from all over the world including head of development for type r through to a certain Mr Button!
The lack of light at the unveil evening meant most of the best pictures had to be saved for the Geneva unveil the following day, but a great time was had catching up with everyone, including those selected by Honda Europe to attend as part of the #HondaRedline campaign, a joint venture with CTRO & with Honda Europe, Embrance Media and VisualVoice. http://redline.global/home
The Geneva show unveil included the Vice President of Honda Motor Company as well as senior represenatives of Honda Europe teams.
A mixed reaction to the styling have been forthcoming since from our users, however there’s no denying the icing on the cake was the gasp from the assembled press when the Nurburgring time was revealed at the end of the presentation 7min 50secs – Claiming the fastest front wheel drive round the ring by some margin over its rivals! We await May/June time when the official “Production” version of the car is taken over to Germany to further cement the time and noted by Honda insiders as possibly being quicker with final engine maps……Watch this space!!!
Confirmed stats are:
- Characterful, high-revving all-new 2.0 litre VTEC TURBO engine offers greater power, torque and response than any previous Honda production car engine – Peak power output is 310 PS* at 6,500 rpm, and peak torque is 400 Nm* at 2,500 rpm
- Function dictates form – eye-catching styling enhancements optimise airflow to aid performance and stability
- Advanced new suspension systems, unique to the Type R, ensure rewarding handling characteristics and maximise power transfer
- New +R mode increases the response of chassis and engine for enhanced driving thrills
- 0-to-100 km/h (62 mph) sprint is covered in just 5.7 seconds* – making it the fastest accelerating performance front-wheel drive hatchback – and top speed, where permitted, is a class-leading 270 km/h (167 mph)
- Red-lining at 7,000 rpm, the engine – part of Honda’s next-generation Earth Dreams Technology series – features an advanced new turbocharger with VTEC technology that boosts low-end torque and delivers sustained acceleration.
Right now some press pics
More photos on the forum thread here of the trip with videos also! : http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3823411#p3823411