The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By schizophonic
I got the preface life version and someone please tell me how they managed to fit the bulbs in with the grommet covering it?

This is the bulb i got but i just want everything to be sealed tight if that is at all possible
By LeeH
You have to cut a hole in the Gromet mate, It said this in the instuctions in my kit.

Maybe try cutting 4 'slits in it and gently push it through?
By James_N
id love some of these, but id make a right pigs ear fitting them, so can someone recommend me some headlight bulbs? The standard CTR bulbs on dipped beam are pathetic im finding. I need some good bulbs before i end up in a ditch somewhere :?
By LeeH
James_N wrote:id love some of these, but id make a right pigs ear fitting them, so can someone recommend me some headlight bulbs? The standard CTR bulbs on dipped beam are pathetic im finding. I need some good bulbs before i end up in a ditch somewhere :?
I used the Osram Silverstars mate :wink:

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/
By James_N
LeeH wrote:
James_N wrote:id love some of these, but id make a right pigs ear fitting them, so can someone recommend me some headlight bulbs? The standard CTR bulbs on dipped beam are pathetic im finding. I need some good bulbs before i end up in a ditch somewhere :?
I used the Osram Silverstars mate :wink:

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/
Thanks. Im still debating whether to do the HID conversion as i know someone that would do it for me, or just change the bulbs :?

and if i went for the bulbs, would i need H1 or H4?
By LeeH
James_N wrote: Thanks. Im still debating whether to do the HID conversion as i know someone that would do it for me, or just change the bulbs :?

and if i went for the bulbs, would i need H1 or H4?
Are you a face lift or pre face lift??

The face lift is easy and the pre face lift is even easier.

H4 pre
H1 post.
By James_N
im facelift so H1 i take it :) many thanks.
By EP3-R
LeeH wrote:
cybman wrote:hi,
i have a kit of hid to my ctr 2003 but i cant install it :(
my diagrams says that with h4 i need to use a relay kit...and diodes....that is normal?? i dont know if the reason is because the kit is Bi Xenon

Regards,
Hugo bejinha
Not sure TBH Where did you buy it from?? Can you post some instructions up on here??
LeeH, I also have a bixenon kit which requires some diodes, do you know where I can get these from and which ones please? I'd be grateful if you could let me know as I've been trying to find out which type of diode I need for a long time now. Cheers matey :)
By EP3-R
LeeH wrote:http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?Mod ... ook&U=Ecat

This may do mate but I'm no electronics expert.
Cheers mate! I've just been looking at your mate's website and came across this photo, would you mind asking him if he knows what spec diode it is please? I think it is the one I need!!! :D Thanks!!!

By LeeH
Just drop him an email mate, he's called Ian and he's very helpful.
By Mylee
Cheers For this 'How to' Lee, fitted my HID kit from Ian this afternoon. Superb results, no picture does them justice.
By LeeH
Mylee wrote:Cheers For this 'How to' Lee, fitted my HID kit from Ian this afternoon. Superb results, no picture does them justice.
Nice one mate, did you go for the 6 or 8k?
By Mylee
6K as Ian recommended. Exactly what I wanted, very white light but with a defined blue tint. These seem super bright after halogens.
I'm not sure if it's cos these lights are so much brighter but they seem high towards the left?
By LeeH
Mylee wrote:6K as Ian recommended. Exactly what I wanted, very white light but with a defined blue tint. These seem super bright after halogens.
I'm not sure if it's cos these lights are so much brighter but they seem high towards the left?
Mine are the same mate. As long as they kick to the left I think it will be ok.

You could check the lamps are sat flat in the light as I had to re fit one of mine due to them not sitting perfectly flat in the housing :idea:
By Mylee
Cheers Lee, I'll have a look. I've also noticed what looked like a projected shadow on the road, from the car outwards about 10 feet. Again this maybe 'cos the lamps are so bright that I never noticed it before with the halogens.

Are you anywhere near MOT time yet?
By LeeH
Mylee wrote:Cheers Lee, I'll have a look. I've also noticed what looked like a projected shadow on the road, from the car outwards about 10 feet. Again this maybe 'cos the lamps are so bright that I never noticed it before with the halogens.

Are you anywhere near MOT time yet?
Is your shadow on the left??

Mines 2 years off MOT but I'll be at my mates garage this week getting the Magnex taken off soI'll get him to put in on the light meter thingy.
By Mylee
Seems to be in front of both lamps. I'll have a better look tonight on the drive home from work.
By LeeH
I've got a very small shadow on the left, but nothing that you can really see.

I've got some 6k lamps coming this week to put in during the winter months so I'll see if that solves it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]