The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By SFerraro
Commander wrote:
SFerraro wrote:Hi,
I'm looking to an Exedy OEM clutch, but can I trust the Ebay seller, they have Exedy OEM at £139 and Stage one at just above £240 ? Is it real Exedy and not "copy" ??
I just want be sure the springs are not failing as it is the reason of why I change the clutch, so is Exedy having no issue ? because I'm disapointed with honda OEM clutch which failed under 45.000 miles on mine... :-(
Thanks
BR
Ignore ebay and get it from a reputable seller. Give rich at Abp a shout and he can sell you one.
Or cox motors. You'll be looking at between £200-230

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Yes I agree with that, but does OEM Honda is trustable and reliable ?? as mine is dying after only 45K miles, due to mechanism failing !!
Who is Rich at Abp please ?
Thanks
By Commander
SFerraro wrote:
Commander wrote:
SFerraro wrote:Hi,
I'm looking to an Exedy OEM clutch, but can I trust the Ebay seller, they have Exedy OEM at £139 and Stage one at just above £240 ? Is it real Exedy and not "copy" ??
I just want be sure the springs are not failing as it is the reason of why I change the clutch, so is Exedy having no issue ? because I'm disapointed with honda OEM clutch which failed under 45.000 miles on mine... :-(
Thanks
BR
Ignore ebay and get it from a reputable seller. Give rich at Abp a shout and he can sell you one.
Or cox motors. You'll be looking at between £200-230

Yes I agree with that, but does OEM Honda is trustable and reliable ?? as mine is dying after only 45K miles, due to mechanism failing !!
Who is Rich at Abp please ?
Thanks
Could it be the clutch plate which is part of the 3 piece kit? Abp motorsport. Just give them a call and ask for Rich

By SFerraro
ABP Motorsport Website is... how to say quite empty :-)
In fact, it is cheaper on Tegiwa website, £185 (incl vat) vs £225 (incl vat) at Cox. But Cox mentions 2 different references according to year model, when Tegiwa mentions only one !

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]