The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By CTR2707
Hello,
I have buy Ep3 with 140k miles, the 3gear scratch at hight rpm.
Do i need to change just the synchros or its more than that and it needs a rebuild?

Thanks
By Lewisgame
Check the clutch first. If the biting point is really low then the clutch is faulty and not disengaging correctly.
Also check gear oil. This should be changed regularly and it’s best to use Honda MTF3 on a standard gearbox.
If the clutch is good and fresh gearbox oil hasn’t helped then you’ll need to strip the box to check what you need. Could be just the synchro but it could of also damaged 3rd gear itself if it’s been going on for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By CTR2707
I have made my self the oil change from the gearbox and i have used MTF i also put a additive but the scratch still there.

The clutch is hard and really short but they tell me it is a Pedals and thats normal..

Do you know the costs if it is more then the synchros?

Thanks
By Lewisgame
Clutch shouldn’t be hard and short which says to me your clutch isn’t disengaging correctly causing the issue.
It’s not going to be a cheap repair. A clutch change alone ranges from £300-400. Add in repair to the gearbox you’ll be well over £500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]