The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By EvoStu
Thought it would be wise to start a thread about known FK8 issues.

There are several beginning to feed out of both Honda US and UK so far.

Wiring Loom issues on US based vehicles.
Issues with Connect systems on both US and UK cars (despite being different systems).
Known issue with Honda sensing going off as is there is a person in front of the car, and Honda are working on a fix.
Condensation build up and moisture on Connect Units if the central vents are pointing down.
Premature wear on the windscreen washer fluid pipe, which rubs on the central bonnet vent underneath the bonnet. There is a fix in place that will be put on future cars in production (and on those currently out there).
By Canis
Does delayed delivery count?

My car was due 3rd September ÷/- 2 days but still hasn't arrived & dealers still have no ETA.
My dealer has been trying to get an answer, but nothing so far.
They have told me that the factory closed for 2 weeks.
Is anyone else experiencing a delay?
Not many comments on here from people who have already got theirs.
Does anyone have theirs yet?
By FaNtheMaN
Hi Canis

A few of us have taken delivery now. To be honest, and no disrespect to this forum, but more chat over on Type-r-owners.co.uk.

Some got theirs on the 1st, picked mine up on the 5th a few days earlier than original date.

Absolutely loving it, but a few probs reported with electric gremlins and paint issues.

Very strange on yours. When did you order it? Why would the factory be shut? Weird....
By Canis
Hi FantheMaN

Ta for confirming there are some out there.

I ordered mine at the beginning of August.

Apparently the computer still shows it as due 3rd Sep +/- 2 days.
I will be chasing up the dealer again tomorrow.
I have heard there is an major Airbag fault & big recall is underway, i wonder if thats got anything to do with it.
By Jock_071279
I had the exact same scenario, due on the 3rd +/- didn't arrive, then it changed to the 18th! called the dealer and said that was going to be a problem for me, My dealer got his manager to call Honda Logistics and low and behold the car will be here tomorrow (but we'll see).

Get on to them mate.
By Martty b
I had a couple of paint issues with mine but should be very easy for honda to sort out and i got Blxxdy brake squeal, just the same as i had on my fk2
By jasonevans
Some people in the USA seem to be having gearbox issues.
Don't know if it's just USA related but there seem to be a fair few youtube vids about it.
By Steel Lynx
Hi all.

Been a while since I was on this forum but I picked up my FK8 on Saturday and promptly managed to mash one of the alloys (you may have heard some loud shouting if you were within 2 miles......) I guess it was a mixture of me coming from a rear wheel drive car and being used to a tighter turning circle, and very narrow traffic filtering kerbs (and some pretty crap driving on my part!)
Regardless (and this is the bit that falls under the 'problems' heading) I have been calling around and none of the wheel refurb people said they could fix them. I then called Honda, to which they informed me that no one can fix them..... I'm assuming it's something to do with the groove all the way round where the red line goes?
Does anyone know anywhere in the Norwich area that might actually be able to repair damage that isn't just around the rim?

By *jay dee*
Steel Lynx wrote:Hi all....
HI mate, if you're willing to have a stab at it, try doing it yourself - search for FK2 refurb alloys (yes FK2 as the 8 is too new) on Google for some write-ups.
By FaNtheMaN
Dream automotive defo can fix them but they are based in Watford so serious trek! Plus you'd have to leave your wheel etc......

But if your ever over this way!!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]