The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
cammy92 wrote:In a world thats got its fair share of ruined ep3's its very refreshing to see one like this kept up to such a high standard. Good work keep it up
Thanks Cammy! Yeah there certainly is the fair share of ruined ones, i had some fun trying to get my hands on this one! I just like to have it as good as i possibly can!
So today it got a service.

In the form of:
Millers Nanodrive 5 litres
OEM Honda Oil Filter
Honda MTF 3 Transmission Fluid 2 litres
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

All came through Tegiwa, many thanks for their good service

Did it myself in the garage as per usual, that way i know what is in it, and that it actual went in!

That shall do her for another while!
Its been a while since i have popped anything onto my thread here!

The car has been carrying out its duties wonderfully over 10 months or so since i last posted. A couple things have changed however:

Eibach ABP's were removed, standard suspension re installed
Tegiwa Catback removed and standard installed

So she is currently completely standard with a Tegiwa M Intake! There is replacement on the Tegiwa Catback's part due hopefully this week, stay tuned update to follow! :?: ;) ;)

Going for a full detail hopefully very soon. Its actually pretty good as it is, with minimal swirling and defects, probably will be a light polish and seal, no need for any major paint correction.

Pic for now!
Image[/quote][/quote][/quote]
So, the car has had a full detail. It ended up not needing much, apart from tar and iron removal, and pre wax cleanse, and then a coat of wax. There is basically no swirling, hologram-ing, scratches etc which is fab!

The new exhaust arrived! It is a Mugen Twin Loop. Ultimate JDM-ness! These things are worse than hens teeth to find!! I fitted it myself, all went fairly smooth. I have to say, this is the idea sound wise i have in my head for these cars! It is bang spot on! Build quality, well, its genuine Mugen!

Here's a couple of snaps!

Ill maybe get some better snaps soon!
Stamford78 wrote:Excellent work! I have a Gruppe M and Mugen twinloop on mine.
Did you notice a slight performance increase in the midrange at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Mid Range torque is where is where i found it after fitting the Mugen Twin Loop! Is that what you found? :D
Yes, definitely gets through the rev range slightly better. Looked at the Kpro option with a couple of the other usual mods but have decided to sell up in the next few months instead.
Nice update, lovely example.

Sam. wrote:Looking good! What was the reason for taking it off the ABP springs?
I returned it to standard for a few reasons:

-N.Ireland roads. When on a back road in the Civic with the ABP's, you couldn't press on because it was too firm and was banging on bumps. To me, defeats purpose of where this car shines.

-The ride height. Its fairly low, great for some but for myself as a drummer who loads the car up with gear, it wasn't practical!

They're a great spring, they give you the lows, if you are in England and not going up country lanes they'd be great (Motorway and main road driving is a breeze!) They are firm and i think would be suited well on a track.
By Sam.
Cheers for the reply mate. I'm looking to finally sort a fast road setup out for mine and have always been planning to fit the ABP springs at the same time, but I'm starting to think do I want the hassle of going lower. Never on track, the little A and B roads are where I enjoy the car the most so would hate to feel the ride was too firm and ruin that side of things for the lower look. Considering the eibach pro springs too for less of a drop. Will continue trawling the suspension threads for more pics and opinions.

Anyhow, liking your clean oem+ approach. I do think thats all the ep3 really needs but it seems quite rare these days!
I would say if you arent looking for lows, then ask yourself what is wrong with the standard suspension setup? Add a geometry setup to that and it is tasty i tell you! Making it low is great for the looks if thats what you like, but you do sacrifice in the other hand.

Thanks! Yeah, there isnt too many with the same approach as myself around! They're becoming rare in un fettled form!

So, i ended up selling the car a while ago. A lot of fun was had with it over 4 years. Totally 100% reliable and did exactly what it said on the tin! Was just time to move on for me with slight circumstance changes. How long till i miss VTEC though? Thanks to the guys on this forum, maybe ill be back again some day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]