The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Sedge
B-TEC DEVELOPMENT SERIES POSTPONED UNTIL 2017

Following a review of the current situation, B-TEC announces today the postponement
of the 2016 B-TEC Development Series until 2017.

While there has been unprecedented interest in this new touring car series over the
past few months, recent developments in other categories have diverted the attention
of potential entrants away from the Development Series, leading us to this
postponement.

Ian Harrison – Director, B-TEC Development Series;
“Naturally we are disappointed to have to postpone like this, but that is all it is, a
postponement. We want to ensure that we have the strongest possible grid when we
start, and at the moment there are a lot of carrots being dangled in front of potential
entrants from other categories. During 2016, we will be running some on track
experience events for entrants to come along and driver the cars and to hear our 2017
plans. Hopefully this will confirm to them that the Development Series is a cost effective
solution over an entire season. We will be announcing these events in due course. I
would like to thank everyone who has put the effort in up to this point and look
forward to working with them as we go towards 2017”

Ian Watson BARC General Manager;
“We are obviously disappointed to have arrived at this point but believe it is right to
postpone the start of what I am sure will be an interesting option for both drivers and
teams. The idea of starting the series in 2016 was always going to be pushing the
boundaries of what was possible to be achieved in the time and having a further twelve
months to get everything in place will I am sure make a big difference.”
B-TEC will continue to work with current commercial and supply partners to ensure
the category provides drivers and teams a solid development platform in 2017.
By nige t
Not long now until the new BTCC season starts. I can't wait,should be another fantastic season,even better than last year. Who needs F1???
By Sedge
After this weeks F1; no one. It was a mega weekend with Silverstone 24H, BTCC, WTCC, TCR, V8SC and more. TinTops > F1 any day.
By NeoHF
Hey guys, I came across this at Estoril last weekend and thought you'd like it.
Too many legends in one shot :Woot:

By NeoHF
I haven't but can't wait to see it on a race track. Maybe they'll run it in some GT championship at some point even though Honda seem to be focusing on touring cars now. Just announced another season in the WTCC and I think they will push the development in TCR with Jas Motorsport a bit. Morbidelli gets payed to drive and many custom parts (including brake calipers) were stamped JAS instead of Honda, Brembo or whatever...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]