The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
static is fine at Bedford it's the drive by that's crazy low. 87.5 db. A nice circuit but sometimes too long so u can be out for a long time without even seeing anyone, so they panic a bit when a few of u bunch up and the marshals start showing the spread out signs.lol
Does anyone know much about drive by in relation to static sound level.....last time I was there I had a tegiwa catback and I think it was in the mid or high 90's and was fine the whole day

Now I've changed to a 3" which was recently tested at Brands in static at 89db.......am I right in saying it should be fine on drive by aswell

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
LG87 wrote:
1812_s wrote:hi guys planning on booking this in the next few weeks

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... 6itemid=11

be good to see some hondas there

I have been eyeing this up for a while as it will be my first track day, and Bedford is just down the road. Are you booked in for it mate?
Should be booking this week
1812_s wrote:Does anyone know much about drive by in relation to static sound level.....last time I was there I had a tegiwa catback and I think it was in the mid or high 90's and was fine the whole day

Now I've changed to a 3" which was recently tested at Brands in static at 89db.......am I right in saying it should be fine on drive by aswell
Like I said. I was 96db static and hit 95db drive by. But the weather and wind direction plays a massive part.
I also heard from my recent track day that MSV tracks have got more strict on noise in the last few months. At Snetterton their sound meters on track side now take photos of the car when it's triggered and this could be same for many tracks now.
I'd still buy an exhaust baffle for back up. Last thing you want is to get black flagged early on and it's a day wasted.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]