The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By AdamB92
Where do people mount their GoPro camera's when on trackdays in an EP3?
The majority of organisers don't allow suction mounts, and I'd like to get some of the interior in the shot as well, it's always interesting to see what the drivers doing :lol:
By GMballistic
It does vary between circuits.
I used a GoPro mounted to my front windscreen using a suction cup mount at my last track day on Castle Combe circuit without any issue.

The suction cup I use is a genuine GoPro mount which with all the parts it comes with can be set quite far back from the front windscreen. I also had good success with it mounted to my rear window looking forward but tbh I prefer it mounted on the front window. ;)
By AdamB92
I'll give the helmet cam a go, I do remember last time I was on track though the organiser (Javelin) wasn't too keen on it, but I'll see if I can slip it under the radar haha.
By dannyhall
I used a suction mount recently at Rockingham on the passenger window;

Previously I used a mount in between my rear headrests however doesnt work as well with the go pro wide angled lens

If you use a suction mount im sure you'll be fine to add a some cable ties round it and secure it to the door handle as a back up prevent it from going under the brake pedal
By GMballistic
BatCat » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:43 pm wrote:Made this recording at Donington with my iPhone, Track Addict App & WiFi OBD II adaptor for ECU telemetry.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c7C7MbW4ro

I like that with all the telemetry type info. 8-)

This was the last video I made which was of my old supercharged 350Z on a track day at Castle Combe. Camera is a GoPro Hero3 and is mounted to the front windscreen.
Link:

;)
By ADRi NH674P
I've tried three different ways of recording on the ep3.

First one, using the suction mount on passengers window which looks like this:

Second one, using one of the sticky mounts on my helmet, which looks like this:

And my favourite one, using a telescopic homemade mount to record from the quarter windows to film the driver (for those of us who don't have a rollcage) like this:

Forgot to attach pictures of the mount.

By AdamB92
I'm liking some of those idea's!
Mounting on the passenger window seem's like a good balance of getting a sense of speed as well as seeing a bit of the cabin as well.

I like that telescopic pole Adri, it gives a reasonable indication on how hard you're pushing the car and how it's reacting. I have seen my local GoPro shop does actually have something similar, but no doubt at quite a cost :lol:
By D4Z3D
I've used a few different mounting points, the first is a telescopic sat nav suction mount stuck to the interior light, but more recently i am becoming a fan of the helmet cam:

By jonezy
ADRi NH674P » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 am wrote:I've tried three different ways of recording on the ep3.

First one, using the suction mount on passengers window which looks like this:

Second one, using one of the sticky mounts on my helmet, which looks like this:

And my favourite one, using a telescopic homemade mount to record from the quarter windows to film the driver (for those of us who don't have a rollcage) like this:

Forgot to attach pictures of the mount.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Looks like someone beat me to it! Been trying to sort this for a while but never got finished

What have you used to get the threads on the ends of the bar? Just standard 1/4"unc threads topped into it?

Any info on exactly what you used too?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]