The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By nige t
Ooops double post.
Last edited by nige t on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nige t
nige t wrote:The GTR was fantastic, glad I opted for the extra laps as I didn't do it justice in the first session, Oulton Park is just a sequence of hill crests and corners flying at you (the relatively straight sections down to the hairpin and back weren't included in the track day circuit) so maybe not the wisest choice for my first track day, but the GTR is such an easy drive I got it flying in the second session. I went with these guys http://racing-school.co.uk/ the instructor I had was great and the whole thing was very well organised.

I'm taking my FN2 to Oulton Park on 22nd July, it's not far for me to get to and it's an awesome track. The session on the 22nd is for beginners but it is using the full international circuit so really looking forward to it.

Cheers,
David
[/quote]
I used the Racing School for my Arbarth track day at Brands and I thought the Instructor was great,I 'd use them again.
Good luck with your track day at Oulton in your FN2,don't forget to let me know how you got on.
By BatCat
nige t wrote:
nige t wrote:The GTR was fantastic, glad I opted for the extra laps as I didn't do it justice in the first session, Oulton Park is just a sequence of hill crests and corners flying at you (the relatively straight sections down to the hairpin and back weren't included in the track day circuit) so maybe not the wisest choice for my first track day, but the GTR is such an easy drive I got it flying in the second session. I went with these guys http://racing-school.co.uk/ the instructor I had was great and the whole thing was very well organised.

I'm taking my FN2 to Oulton Park on 22nd July, it's not far for me to get to and it's an awesome track. The session on the 22nd is for beginners but it is using the full international circuit so really looking forward to it.

Cheers,
David
I used the Racing School for my Arbarth track day at Brands and I thought the Instructor was great,I 'd use them again.
Good luck with your track day at Oulton in your FN2,don't forget to let me know how you got on.[/quote]

Had a fab day at Oulton Park. Was a novice format so split into 20 min sessions on the hour for cars followed by two lots of 20 min sessions for bikes - there were a LOT of bikes there and only a handful of cars. The low car numbers meant it was a good intro to the track day experience, I've seen some track day videos on youtube that look like they were shot on the M6 in rush hour. The instructor there was £25 for a session and great value - 10 minute briefing before the session and a 5 minute de-brief after the session - plus Oulton has a lot of blind corners so he was able to point out the landmarks to get the right line where very few others were getting it right.
There was a bit of light rain which made it even more of a challenge, the only disappointment was they were very strict on not timing laps so I wasn't able to use the Track Addict phone app and WiFi OBDII adaptor I'd bought to record my antics.
Will probably do an evening session at Donington next to save taking the time off work...
By nige t
Glad you had a great day at Oulton Park mate.
I agree its important to get some instruction as a novice as it makes the day a lot more fun. :)
By nige t
I did another track day at Snetterton yesterday,this time in a Puma and M3.
Great fun,loads of laps.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]