The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By Josh1921
I have been looking at these again, not sure if i want to do the whole evening or just a 25 minute taster on another day!
By 1812_s
Josh1921 wrote:I have been looking at these again, not sure if i want to do the whole evening or just a 25 minute taster on another day!
evenings are pretty good. get a good amount of tracktime.

them tasters are quite short i reckon id want more cause by the time you've built your confidence to go quicker it will be over
By Lewisgame
My understanding with road car track days is the car has to be road legal. If the tyres on the spare wheels are road legal track tyres then it should be fine. Just put them on before going.
By 1812_s
Lewisgame wrote:My understanding with road car track days is the car has to be road legal. If the tyres on the spare wheels are road legal track tyres then it should be fine. Just put them on before going.
Yes they have to be road legal semi slicks but I do t see why they won't just let me swap them over in the garage.

Don't want waste them on the road and they'll probably be illegal to drive on by the end of it
By mjhamilton
Take a friend with another car, swap at a garage or layby near by and swap back in same layby

Job done
By gobbledygook
1812_s wrote:Ok Just rang them up to check whether I'm allowed to swap my wheels over at the track and they said that they do not want me 'intimidating' other drivers

Anyone else done a road car trackday at msv?
I did one at Brands last year. I brought my track tyres to the track in the boot of my car and swapped them over in the morning, then swapped them back before driving home. The only rule they had back then was that a road car had to be driven to and from the circuit, no trailers.
By 1812_s
gobbledygook wrote:
1812_s wrote:Ok Just rang them up to check whether I'm allowed to swap my wheels over at the track and they said that they do not want me 'intimidating' other drivers

I did one at Brands last year. I brought my track tyres to the track in the boot of my car and swapped them over in the morning, then swapped them back before driving home. The only rule they had back then was that a road car had to be driven to and from the circuit, no trailers.
Wonder if the rules have changed then

I think I might try go early and sneakily fit them there without them noticing
By yella

bollox, they say this sort of rubbish then you turn up and theres race cars there. Take your wheels and swap em, they are talking out their ass as usual.

Me and my brother have just booked bedford on 11th august, cheap as chips
By yella
shaRRpy wrote:Proper strict there with the noise yella,87.5 on drive by.1 strike and your off.asi found out lol.

standard just handling mods mate for me, so i should be alright, brother has a toda which is quite quiet, we'll see. It was only £100 for the whole day anyway so not a major loss if the worst happens

I wanted to do it in mine before i decated etc. as its quite a fun track, Spa booked again in september , Donnington in October and then Silverstone booked for November. I plan to do as many track days as i can over next 12 months. Get it out my system. Plus the monthly ring trips of course....lol
By shaRRpy
Ah right you should be ok then,they will tell you if your getting close to the limit but once you go over that's it :bad-words: a bargain for £100 though.im only half hr away so I might come down to watch for a bit if I'm free.a nice few months you've got planned. :cool:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]