The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By *nub*
I think danneth is the current CTRO mining champion hes got about 30 GPUs and will break even in march 2016 fingers crossed :eek: :smile:
By danneth
*nub* wrote:I think danneth is the current CTRO mining champion hes got about 30 GPUs and will break even in march 2016 fingers crossed :eek: :smile:
There's some one on here with over 30 GPU's and way beyond what I do so I'm no where near champion :wink:
By danneth
Evostance wrote:So I know a few people on here are doing (danneth) this so just wondering what people's setups, ROI etc is.

Personally I'm mining Protoshares using Amazon Web Services EC2. I've got $100 of credit and am currently running at about 1800cpm.
Probably works out at about £15 a day
I couldn't even tell you what I'm mining at the moment it changes daily ( mainly been doge ) and I don't have the comp here, doing around £50-100 a day totally depends on what we are trading and mining, needs messing with daily to get the best gains which is why I've just left it with the lad who got me into it.

Middlecoin is decent if you just want to set it up and leave it running.

Another week like we have had and will look at the next machine.

Setup is basic 4 x R9 280's

brothers setup 5 x R9 280's

By *nub*
lol doge coins thats the flip shiba dog? those setups look cool, cant you just get a big desktop fan to cool it all down? does it make the room hot?
By danneth
*nub* wrote:lol doge coins thats the flip shiba dog? those setups look cool, cant you just get a big desktop fan to cool it all down? does it make the room hot?
they run cool enough like that about 60-65c a card, room gets boiling they were put in a freezing loft which is now constantly very hot :lol:
By pdapaul
Been looking for something to stick a couple of grand into. Is there much technical knowledge required? Is there a how to for dummy's?
By danneth
Lewis. wrote:I meant more just buying them and selling rather than the mining side of things?
Like anything else risky, best time to buy was when they crashed the other week would have already doubled your investment, better off finding the other up and coming coins and trading them, takes a lot of research and work though

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]