The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Fly100
As per topic, I knew it!! I did !

A return to racing or just a couple of outings ending with a race at Phillip Island to show his speed still?

Discuss.
By Trixster
Really hope it's just testing and he stays with four wheels...

Yes an abundance of skill but there is just something about him that makes him an ungracious annoying git. BBC's commentary is cringe-worthy too, every single race they manage to shoehorn in a comment about how the great Stoner did this or how he did that - he left, he was bored, get over it.

Just don't get the lovefest for him, if he does come back I think he will be surprised at just how good Marquez actually is.
By Fly100
Trixster wrote:Really hope it's just testing and he stays with four wheels...

Yes an abundance of skill but there is just something about him that makes him an ungracious annoying git. BBC's commentary is cringe-worthy too, every single race they manage to shoehorn in a comment about how the great Stoner did this or how he did that - he left, he was bored, get over it.

Just don't get the lovefest for him, if he does come back I think he will be surprised at just how good Marquez actually is.
You are indeed correct, but do we want a repeat of the Shucy years in F1. Stoner coming back would show how good they both are.
By Trixster
True, it would show that indeed.

I think the main reason Marquez is shining in the rookie year is that he is young and totally fearless, he knows the GP bike will bite him but he just does not care in a way. Anyone who has watched him through Moto2 knew he would create a big splash when he moved up.

Obviously the last few races with Pedrosa and Lorenzo being injured has made it look easier for him, despite much love for Rossi he just is not his normal self yet - really glad though his old forks have made him feel better but I think he lacks some speed now :(

Stoner on the same machinery would be a hell of a race, in a way I would like to see it but a couple of races only - picky I know

Not forgotten Crutchlow, he has pace and he is on secondhand machinery near enough - but does he have what it takes if on a full works ride? Hopefully time will tell, would be good to see if he has/can make the step up.

Would be good too if he stays upright for the British GP as well.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]