The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Use this forum for any national or international meets, track days, time trials and dyno events.
Hi Evryone, just thought i would start a post, incase anyone has any questions about the show, and so we can sort a few things out! to get the ball rolling here are a few things i was thinking about:-

Food

I havent been involved organising this event before so dont really know what you guys and girls usually bring, but it would be cool if people could bring along some food+drinks to share with evryone! we cant have a bbq as japfest dont allow them anymore :-( if your coming and fancy bringing some food along, post up what your bringing so we dont all bring the same things!! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Marquee

We have a small marquee from rebel, but i remember last year someone had 2 of those large coleman event marquees, that would be awesome to have them again, i need the dimensions for when i make the booking, if were using it again!

club banners

Again, i will bring the rebel club banners and possibly the events board of previous events, if a ctro member has all your stuff that would be awesome so we can promote both clubs!

i will add to this post as i think of more things!!
Refer to our Pm conversation in March fella, re: club banners and marquee/shelter

:wink:

Sent this to you
dandemoraliser wrote:It's 15m x 15m.

Pics in this thread from last year including sail flags etc. which i have.

Regards

Dan
Have done hot food in previous years but don't think it's worth it as most people will either buy from burger van or bring their own gear.

Although claire1985 makes some lovely cupcakes....... :oops: :smile: And crisps/cans of drink etc are always welcome.
Japfest is now just 2 weeks away, just thought i would update here:-

matt ek9 - is bringing a table, if anyone else has a portable table feel free to bring it!
dandemoraliser - is bringing his gazibo again which is great and i think the CTRO banners and flags too
me and racingaura - are getting to combe early to be there before evryone gets to the stand to orgainse the cars

Things to bring

Crisps
Chocolate
cakes
drinks
genral party food!
another table if anyone has one

i will add to this list if i think of anything else

the tickets should be with me and i plan on giving them out to the convoy leaders asap!
any problems or questions post up here!!
dandemoraliser wrote: Have done hot food in previous years but don't think it's worth it as most people will either buy from burger van or bring their own gear.

Although claire1985 makes some lovely cupcakes....... :oops: :smile: And crisps/cans of drink etc are always welcome.
Sorry no cupcakes this year unless someone else is able and willing to bake
I didn't go this year but after organising previous Japfest events I know the work that goes on behind the scenes and as admin on Rebel I would like to thank Alex for all his hard work organising this as well as others who arranged convey's etc.

Spoken to a few people who attended and it seems a great day was had by all. Look forward to seeing the photos :)
Batfink76 wrote:Had a great day and the weather held out nicely. Had 2 sessions on track and will get footage up asap [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
You were simply awesome on track mate. Couldn't believe the speed you were carrying and how quick you caught up/lapped everyone
RY52ARD wrote:
Batfink76 wrote:Had a great day and the weather held out nicely. Had 2 sessions on track and will get footage up asap [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
You were simply awesome on track mate. Couldn't believe the speed you were carrying and how quick you caught up/lapped everyone
Cheers bud, she did go very well and i couldn't believe the difference the track tyres made [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Anyway here's my 1st session at 10.30 D9.

2nd session S7 at 14.54pm. Accidently zoomed in on the camera but still watchable. Had a great battle with a Toyota Celica GT4 I think :think:

Pics thread HERE

Was good day, plenty of people about chatting and cleaning, albeit probably beaten by the weather! I know when i got there mine was filthy!

Thanks to Rebel representatives for stepping into the breach organising insurance and passes/meeting points etc.

I know there will be a few words had by some regarding size of the site, however seems we weren't the only ones as itr owners also had issues with being where we were, which doesn't make track time very easy due to distances to travel to get there etc. but we'll provide feedback in the normal manner and hope that we are heard. :smile:

Hope to see more there next year! :thumbup:
Cracking photos and thanks Dan as always great to have ctro mod/admin join a club event. Sorry I couldn't be there but had 5 of rebel committee members there who are the back bone to the club so I knew everyone was in safe hands ;)

I have always send a thank you email on behalf of both rebel and ctro to the official Japfest organisers with any feedback I get good and bad, to be fair they have always welcomed it. Last year I mentioned the traffic issues which I think a few clubs did one way or another.

As mention I wasn't there this year but I have had feedback from rebel members and everyone enjoyed by the sound of it.

Stand space is always a big issue at these events however I will mention that both ctro and rebel always give 100% attendance I'll also mention a lot of our members go on the track however I do think if we can get a club only session we will have a better chance of getting closer to the pit area.

Roll on the next event I say.

Rebel have Pembrey the end of the month and The Rebel Rally weekend in June etc so see some of you there.

CTRO at JAE next so get your names down and money into Cat ;)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]