The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By Darkhawk
haha i recognised your car aswell dude

was stupidly slippy. yeah i had 3/4 of a tank aswell it normaly costs me half a tank to get there so brimmed it with the idea of running with just under half mate went mardy so we eco drived there....
im happy with that then lmao only a .8 slower for 120 bph less!
what you ran when the tracks properly prepared?

you see the preface NHB with enkis on? bolts on about 250 bhp but spoon lsd spoon gearbox lmao was running 13.9s so he did well
Last edited by Darkhawk on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tom83
Yeah he came over for a chat. Comes from Blackburn which is only half an hour from me in Southport. Nice Car.

I was talking to a few people who were saying the track wasn't at its best, but its still early in the season. I got off at half one, so by the sounds of it the track got a bit better in the afternoon.
By tom83
eatthis wrote:they cba to prep the track properly and its getting annoying tbh
This^^^

Mines in for the Turbo Conversion next month, so I will be back down in April / May to try it out. Better tyres coming too.
By tom83
Darkhawk wrote:What have you managed on a good day with the s/c
Havent had a good day with the SC. Only been once before and that was January, 1st RWYB of the year, damp track, best I got was 13.5s. Just cant get the power down, ended up launching in Second Gear, which made a small improvement, but nothing major.
By eatthis
ctr-lib wrote:
Darkhawk wrote:Ah bet thats annoying, you got an lsd? i think im going to go to the next rwyb hoping it will be a bit warmer and they prep the track properly as closer to the show season

Best time would be fast show at Santa pod it'll be fully prepped as its first round of hks drag series
thats my thinking too but its going be packed! :-x
By ctr-lib
eatthis wrote:
ctr-lib wrote:
Darkhawk wrote:Ah bet thats annoying, you got an lsd? i think im going to go to the next rwyb hoping it will be a bit warmer and they prep the track properly as closer to the show season

Best time would be fast show at Santa pod it'll be fully prepped as its first round of hks drag series
thats my thinking too but its going be packed! :-x
It's not to bad I managed to get 6 runs in by the end of the day and I had a 3hour break so you could easily get another 3 or 4 runs in
By SeanEP3
SeanEP3 wrote:2.2244 60ft time, Santa Pod, Road Tyres

14.4599 ET

does my 60ft time not put me in the top 10?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]