The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By foolserrand1985
Roughly how many miles are we talking for the trip? Duration?

Crude math time. Say it's 2000miles, full tank = 50 litres = roughly 300miles with some spirited driving @ £1.28 a litre that works out to be £427 for 2000miles.

6 nights accomodation = £360-400ish

Euro Tunnel = £50

Food/drink etc = £100-250

Total = £937 - 1150
By algreene
3500 miles I did..

My costs dont include ale or food..

Im sure it was roughly 700 quid each. about 700 on fuel. 5-600 for accom, and 100 quid on ferry maybe. dont know what that costed.

Dave can confirm or deny that for us.. :thumbup:
By foolserrand1985
algreene wrote:3500 miles I did..

Im sure it was roughly 700 quid each. about 700 on fuel. 5-600 for accom, and 100 quid on ferry maybe. dont know what that costed.

True, bringing a fee paying co-pilot will make it considerably cheaper, :lol: , however my wife would rather I punch her in the face for a week than spend it in my car. :sad:
By algreene
Defo get a co pilot!! Although I drove it all as I couldn't insure my bro on the car at the time..

3500 miles in 9 days I think it was..
By seano
Bringing back fond memories - the Catz one woman peage shuffle, Al's al fresco, alpine sandwich bar, Minty's hand from the box!

Was very heavy on fuel, we seemed to do a couple of tanks of VPower most days :cooldude:

Pass me the Noilly Prat.

Seano
By Turbo5
algreene wrote:3500 miles I did..

The cost were roughly this amount. the ferry was cheaper about £52 return. although we did stop at some top hotels. We didn't do many motorways but if we did tolls would be a over £100. Its cheaper to go down europe via
Germany then cuit across at strassburg and make your way to Grenoble before taking the scenic route napoleon. The Alps and the passes/cols are brilliant.
By seano
We would all find it cheaper to have the first full meet-up in Germany. The Northern Monkeys could take Hull Ferry and save a nights hotel bills and 500 boring miles driving/fuel bill - for Catz thats nearer a 1000. The Southern Jessies can take the channel tunnel now that the cheap ferry is no more.

Seano
By algreene
hey Seanio!!

Trying to get the boys together for a beer sometime soon if your interested??

going mention HET to them aswell!! :thumbup:
By seano
Always up for a beer Al - I may get older but won't change. After our brew up at Brands, my social calender is looking a bit empty.

Just before the brew-up

Rear suspension is working well - maybe I need to get some plates.

Seano

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]