The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By algreene
Would anyone be interested in HET 2011 at all??? :-D :thumbup:
Last edited by algreene on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By algreene
Reading the large thread below there appears to be plenty of people who would be interested in doing something.
By algreene
Turbo5 wrote:So would I :twisted: about May or June. Do you fancy the Alps again ?

Id love anything!! Really enjoyed the trip in 07... I wouldnt even know how to begin arranging a drive like that!!
By Newannaive
yes, as long as it involves camping...as a hotel lifestyle can get expensive.

campsites ftw.
By algreene
Newannaive wrote:yes, as long as it involves camping...as a hotel lifestyle can get expensive.

campsites ftw.

Nope.. Hotels. Accomodation was around 600 quid last time I think. Some cracking places too!!! :thumbup:
By algreene
Newannaive wrote:then no.

Save up tight bum..

Honestly, after driving 500 miles in 10 hours, the last thing you want is to be putting a tent up in the dark...
By Newannaive
algreene wrote:
Newannaive wrote:then no.

Save up tight bum..

Honestly, after driving 500 miles in 10 hours, the last thing you want is to be putting a tent up in the dark...

By algreene
Im actually sat here looking at a tent like that now..

tent for JAE!

hotel for HET... :thumbup:
By seano
I could be easily tempted - for a smallish group foray of old friends. Not sure if my Honda is suitable though :-D Blown up at the moment anyway :sad:

But Dave showed us an R26 is quite acceptable. As you say Al - after a long quick fast drive hotels and hot meals/showers/touch of luxury FTW - the holiday is about driving for a week not about pissing about with a tent for a couple hours everyday and you experience such a range of temps and weather in quick succesion. Damn near 100 degrees in Nice in the morning to snowball fights in the afternoon.

Seano
By dandemoraliser
I'm afraid i'm same as N&N

Don't mind doing trip but every night in hotel i.e. £600 for hotels, fuel, food, etc. etc. i believe the cost of nearly £1000 is far beyond the reach of most. (Not everyone sits on a mound of 24 carat)

Maybe a Eurotour take in some good roads, but minimise distance and with the odd campsite stay to spread the money.

Just a thought.
By foolserrand1985
dandemoraliser wrote:I'm afraid i'm same as N&N

Don't mind doing trip but every night in hotel i.e. £600 for hotels, fuel, food, etc. etc. i believe the cost of nearly £1000 is far beyond the reach of most. (Not everyone sits on a mound of 24 carat)

Maybe a Eurotour take in some good roads, but minimise distance and with the odd campsite stay to spread the money.

Just a thought.
Or we can stay in the hotels, you in the carpark with tents?

:lol:
By algreene
The last trip with me and my bro sharing was about 700 quid each. That was hotels, ferries and petrol..

Not bad for what we did IMO!
By dandemoraliser
algreene wrote:The last trip with me and my bro sharing was about 700 quid each. That was hotels, ferries and petrol..

Not bad for what we did IMO!
thats more reasonable than the last euro tour figures that were posted.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]