The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

All chat/questions relating to this highly memorable driving holiday in here.
By sugarpuff
yep im definatly up for this
By Crag_O
algreene wrote:And I will add..

Worth every single pound/euro!!
Good Answer :thumbup:
Exactly what i hoping someone would say.
By CandyGirl
Looks brilliant i have always wanted to do something like this and nows my chance :thumbup:
im planning on going
By CandyGirl
Sorry to be a bit thick here, :imwithstupid: but the prices from this year's tour, were they in pounds or euros?
By seano
It doesn't really matter, its your bar bill you need to watch, at least next year we will avoid Nice/Monaco which is where it really hurt @7 euros for 3/4 of a pint.

I think you also need to watch mobile/texting on roaming rates.

In terms of dates, I think Dave got it pretty well right this year for most people. Generally the weather was good, we only had skip a couple of cols because of bad weather and the number of cars shows that it works. Earlier and things may be cheaper but the weather/roads are less predictable or are closed. Seemed to fit in with teachers too.

Seano
By algreene
CandyGirl wrote:Sorry to be a bit thick here, :imwithstupid: but the prices from this year's tour, were they in pounds or euros?

In pounds im afraid..
By CandyGirl
algreene wrote:
CandyGirl wrote:Sorry to be a bit thick here, :imwithstupid: but the prices from this year's tour, were they in pounds or euros?

In pounds im afraid..
Cool, will get saving [smilie=superkewl.gif]
By m4rky
I could be well up for this!! Never travelled with you guy's before but it certainly looks like fun and I 've been promising my girlfriend a road trip for ages. I'm looking forward to seeing the final route and I for one don't mind where it goes. The ferry to Santander can be quite expensive and the crossing can be horrendous but hey that's part of the fun, and you sure find out who your mates are :thumbup:
By salem
Turbo5 wrote:We had quite a few wifes /girlfriends and even a lady driving solo.

There were a few ladies doing all the driving myself one of them..

Its amazing what women can do now a days :P
By 7EON
This sounds awesome - I'd be well up for 2008. The route looks amazing.. do we actually go into Barcelona?

I'll definately be up for this :WOOT
By Turbo5
7EON wrote:This sounds awesome - I'd be well up for 2008. The route looks amazing.. do we actually go into Barcelona?

I'll definately be up for this :WOOT
The route is only draft at the moment, the main part of the trip will be traveling through the Pyrenees. I am not too sure on Barcelona at the moment. If you were going on holiday for a weekend then yes Barcelona would be an excellent choice. but when you are on a car tour and you have traffic, parking, car security etc to consider big cities are just wasted. (in the fact the hotels are dearer, drinks, meals etc)
Most of the days are spent driving and when you reach the overnight destinations you don't really want to start site seeing etc. More like the bar and something to eat and a walk around close to the hotel.
By m4rky
I've driven around Barcslona a couple of times and I've got to say it ain't good. The best time is about 2am because the ring road is like a race track then :-D

Not good though for loads of people to try and keep in touch :???:
By 7EON
fair enough guys - sounds good to me :yum:

My mate is going to join me (in my car) although he has a CTR too. Has anyone looked into costs of the ferry from Plymouth to Santander as I heard it's quite costly?

Cheers
By m4rky
This is a well expensive ferry :???: I have checked and to sail from Portsmouth to Bilbao in May with a car is £298 on way or £498 return :bad-words:

Wow that's a lot of money - It would be cheaper to get the night crossing to Dunkirk - The last one I got of these was £35 return and then blast down to the border. Could be there in about 22 hours.
By seano
Turbo5 has good contacts to get good ferry prices and we will only be taking it one way. To drive down would probably take a couple of days, £105 quid in fuel, £50+ in tolls, an extra night in an hotel (£80 maybe) and be very boring driving.

Seano
By m4rky
That's very true - driving through northern France on the peage is very dull. I've never spent much time around the Pyrenees so I'm really looking forward to that :-D
By madbadweasel
Ill be up for the next one, enjoyed it in 2007, even though keeping up the northerners was rather painful the next day :lol:

Got my DC5 now as well, so have something reasonable to use, just need to soften the suspension before we go and fit an armchair....

Keep the bill for the bar limited this time too.....
Kyle
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]