The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By mike
Today has been a fantastic day on the Ring, some very nice cars and about 60% were British!!

We all survived with no accidents - there may have been a few near misses, an RS4 a few inches off my front bumper springs to mind!!

There is now photograhic evidence that the EP3 is quicker than the FN2 in the twisties........ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D - i'll post pics once edited.

Sorry Matt but it had to be said....... :WOOT :WOOT :WOOT
By sugarpuff
is there a petrol station half way round to fill up??? lol
By evilowl
mikeg wrote:There is now photograhic evidence that the EP3 is quicker than the FN2 in the twisties........ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D - i'll post pics once edited.

Sorry Matt but it had to be said
Spencer did an 8:59, Matt's FN2 was at least 47 seconds behind us but we didn't see him after the first corner. pwnt :badrazz: :thumbup:

Nice try though
By matt_mansfield_uk
Lol Mike... Mate, my fifth lap ever came in at 9:36 mins.

If I remember right your best lap was 10 mins plus. Would have LOVED to race you with me in front... The ONLY reason I didn't take you in the twisties was because I had £19,500 uninsured that I didn't want to write off...

Ask Dean mate, it is now official.. The FN2 IS faster in the twisties. If I'd have been in front mate and not scared of bumping you off the track, you'd have been dust in the rear view mirror. Fact. :-D :WOOT
By Turbo5
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:Lol Mike... Mate, my fifth lap ever came in at 9:36 mins.

If I remember right your best lap was 10 mins plus. Would have LOVED to race you with me in front... The ONLY reason I didn't take you in the twisties was because I had £19,500 uninsured that I didn't want to write off...

Ask Dean mate, it is now official.. The FN2 IS faster in the twisties. If I'd have been in front mate and not scared of bumping you off the track, you'd have been dust in the rear view mirror. Fact. :-D :WOOT
Hats off to you for risking your car around the track, the FN2 definitely put up a good show. excellent car,but if it wasn't for all that extra weight you might have actually past a EP3 :lol:
By algreene
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:Lol Mike... Mate, my fifth lap ever came in at 9:36 mins.

Theres no way you went round faster than Spencer! No chance at all!!
By paul.goffin
Damn no pics of me on the Ring :sad:

Just to add, I passed an EP3 in my FN2 :wink:
Doesn't mean a lot, the Ring is all down to driver ability and how hard do you want to push it. Especially when you see cars crashed into the Armco like the TVR and Porsche.
By Cat
Can't find any pics of me on that site either.

Soooo glad I did the "Ring" even though I wasn't very sure about it. Definitely a huge highlight of the whole tour! Had me grinning from ear to ear and I'll definitely be going back. :WOOT
By mumra
Kingy wrote:this is me with Mumra (Mark) in the passenger seat. :)

Thats a good pic of the barge mate :cooldude:

I must get an LSD fitted o mine.. you can really notice the difference when it kicks in

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]