The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Turbo5
Recently I have bought myself a Nikon D80 along with two Tamaron lenses, telephoto and normal. the telephoto can also do macro shots.
Since then I have invested in a decent camera bag Lowepro rucksack 300aw a full size tripod, remote control, 8gb of memory cards lense cleaning blowers, dusters etc. I am still waiting for the magic lantern Nikon D80 book that I ordered off Amazon. I can use the camera but want to learn more.
I have come to the conclusion photograhy is something that takes a life time to learn and you still wouldn't know everything.
This year on the tour we have quite a few photographers, so I am hoping to get some tips off everyone and I am looking forward to seeing some of the results. The Reims pit lane shots should be excellent 24 cars.
What is everyone taking :?: Any room left in the car this year Ross :?: :lol:
By evilowl
Still:

D200 + D70 bodies
Nikkor 17-55 f2.8
Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR
Sigma 10-20
Nikkor TC14E-II
SB600 Flash
Various filters
Monopod
Tripod
12Gb of CF cards
CF Card reader
Laptop
3x Spare batteries

Video:
2x Mini DV camcorders, one with wide-angle lens
2x bullet cameras
2x Manfrotto windscreen mounts
Belkin 300w power inverter
Spare batteries
LANC remote
Various external mounts
Spare DV tapes

Think thats about it :scratch:
By minty_type-r
I've just started to get keen on camera's.

Mine is nowhere near as good as those but its doing me right for my first digi cam.

Richo Caplio R5
7.0 Mega Pixels
7.1x Optical Zoom
1GB SD
Laptop for when the memory card get full.

Also should be taking my Sony Mini Camcorder.

Looking forward to getting some good pictures, I was addicted when I went over to OZ, got some brilliant pictures.
By Kingy
Well Dave, you've got a lot to answer for! You'll remeber from another thread that I was only going to be taking my 4yr old 3.1mp Kodak point and shoot on the tour??

After reading your list, I've just ordered myself a Nikon D40, 4gb of memory, camera case and a spare battery. So my pocket is several hundred quid lighter, but I've been hankering after a decent camera for ages and now I can blame you ;)
Just need to get a tripod and I think I'm set. A 200mm lense will have to wait....

I think my passenger is bringing his Camcorder and invertor. Just need to check on mounts as I think he only has a headrest mount (perfect for a CTR but no good for the barge)

I might be calling on you guys with experience for a bit of help..... :thumbup:
By Turbo5
Kingy wrote:Well Dave, you've got a lot to answer for! You'll remeber from another thread that I was only going to be taking my 4yr old 3.1mp Kodak point and shoot on the tour??

After reading your list, I've just ordered myself a Nikon D40, 4gb of memory, camera case and a spare battery. So my pocket is several hundred quid lighter, but I've been hankering after a decent camera for ages and now I can blame you ;)
Just need to get a tripod and I think I'm set. A 200mm lense will have to wait....

I think my passenger is bringing his Camcorder and invertor. Just need to check on mounts as I think he only has a headrest mount (perfect for a CTR but no good for the barge)

I might be calling on you guys with experience for a bit of help..... :thumbup:
You wont regret it, just make sure you use it and get an interest in photography, its nearly as addictive as the car.
I used to use a Aldi compact digital one until the likes of Ross/Chris/Karl started to show off their photo's from last year.
By Kingy
Turbo5 wrote: You wont regret it, just make sure you use it and get an interest in photography, its nearly as addictive as the car.
I used to use a Aldi compact digital one until the likes of Ross/Chris/Karl started to show off their photo's from last year.
Certainly won't reget it and already have the photography bug, just never taken the plunge. It will be used... during a week in Padstow at easter we took 175 snaps!

I'm fairly comfortable with the composition, just need to learn the techniques and settings etc.

Cheers for the Tripod tip ;) order placed last night :)
By evilowl
Kingy wrote:Certainly won't reget it and already have the photography bug, just never taken the plunge. It will be used... during a week in Padstow at easter we took 175 snaps!

I'm fairly comfortable with the composition, just need to learn the techniques and settings etc.

Cheers for the Tripod tip ;) order placed last night :)
If you have any questions feel free to ask me on here or msn

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk" target="_blank has lots of CTRO members too :thumbup:
By kickboxing boo
Ross, think we might need a trailer for all your camera gear!!

Some of you might like to know that the Col Grand St Bernard was closed from the Swiss-French border down to the French side due to heavy snow.

Chamonix to Calais 7 hours (2 drivers)
By Turbo5
kickboxing boo wrote:Ross, think we might need a trailer for all your camera gear!!

Some of you might like to know that the Col Grand St Bernard was closed from the Swiss-French border down to the French side due to heavy snow.

Chamonix to Calais 7 hours (2 drivers)
Hopefully it should be open by July,
where's the photo's ? from your recce ?
By Captain Redbeard
Kingy wrote:Well Dave, you've got a lot to answer for! You'll remeber from another thread that I was only going to be taking my 4yr old 3.1mp Kodak point and shoot on the tour??
:lol: You won't regret it mate. We had an old Minolta digicam that we've been using for years. I wanted something a bit better so got a Canon Eos 400D. The difference is astounding even with the Canon on full-auto point-and-click mode. Worth every penny. :cooldude:
By Kingy
Got home today to find a parcel of fun waiting on the doorstep. Will have a play @ JTS on Sunday :WOOT

(I seem to be using :WOOT quite a lot these days. Sorry! But I like it!!!!)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]