The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Find if anyone is in your area
By suavebob
Hi, I have a black ctr and live in Darlington, but work in Consett. Usually found doing the A1 Durham route, or if its fine, the A68, where I saw a black ctr this week coming into Tow Law. Hi, if you saw me. :D
By Alanok
iainp999 wrote:I actually work on Team Valley, so I might see you around Alan. What colour you gone for? Any distinguishing features? ;-)

I went for the black CTR - I like the others, but I fancied black from the start.
I usually visit one of our tool builders in Team Valley industrial Estate, Princes Park, the company is called TDX. Mine is KY02 *** silver with a BMC induction kit. Flash your lights if you see me as I have done it so many times and I usually get blank looks, miserable gits!!!!

suavebob I think I have seen you about but have decided not to flash or wave at other CTRS any more. I'll start up again :wink: What reg are you so I can spot you?

I am usually on the A1 between 8.00am and 8.30am from Darlo and Sedgefield where I work.
By JPS3290
suavebob wrote:Hi, I have a black ctr and live in Darlington, but work in Consett. Usually found doing the A1 Durham route, or if its fine, the A68, where I saw a black ctr this week coming into Tow Law. Hi, if you saw me. :D
Hmmm that was probably me as i live not far from there, but cant say i saw any CTRs? :? Was the reg H4 CTR?

Alanok: My tickets just turned up this morning for BTCC at Croft on the 13th so im out. My first live BTCC event, should be a laugh :D :lol:
By Alanok
JPS3290 wrote:
Alanok: My tickets just turned up this morning for BTCC at Croft on the 13th so im out. My first live BTCC event, should be a laugh :D :lol:
Nevermind mate, but you'll enjoy the BTCC race. Croft is a great circuit to watch them. A good spot is to watch them at the chicane at the start of the circuit. Pretty awesome speeds they go through there. Have a good time mate.
By JPS3290
Alanok wrote:
JPS3290 wrote:
Nevermind mate, but you'll enjoy the BTCC race. Croft is a great circuit to watch them. A good spot is to watch them at the chicane at the start of the circuit. Pretty awesome speeds they go through there. Have a good time mate.
I'll check the chicane area out ;) Was going go for the grandstand at £6 more but was told it was crap.

Just hope it doesnt rain :roll:
By iainp999
Alan mate, I can't say I have heard of that company, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I've maybe seen it but not thought anything of it. I work on 5TH avenue business park. Look out for a black CTR reg. NG03 ***

I'll be sure to give you a wave if I see you about sonna!
By suavebob
JPS and alanok,
n*03awn, be lookin out for ya! There is a red ctr in darlo, seen it a few times,nice motor.
see ya
suavebob :P
By GaryMan
Can any of you guys send me Taz's PDF file on changing the Head Unit?? I want 2 put my CD changer into my CTR but need the step by step guide!!! I'm pretty sure someone inthe north east got this file!!

Hoping to do it real soon, so a quick reply would be grately appreciated.

If anyone like my pink thong? Also does anyone has this file, pls could be as stupid as me and u send it to :

[email protected]

OR

[email protected]

Many thanks

Gary
By JPS3290
I dont have Taz's guide, but if u look on http://www.tunstall-reservoir.fsnet.co.uk ive made a brief guide up of when i installed my H/U. Might help u out a bit?
By GaryMan
Aye, cheers for that.

I'm actually using that as a guide- but i want to put my h/u in the present slot, and the friend whos doin it for me say it shudnt b a problem- jus nd sum connectors n plugs.

Shud get it done 2mrw, so let u know how it went.

Is it jus me, or r u seeing mor n mor CTR around???? Dont think they're members here, as i flash them n wave and they stare at me blankly!!

Gary
By Alanok
GaryMan wrote:Dont think they're members here, as i flash them n wave and they stare at me blankly!!
I know exactly what you mean, after you get the blank stare you want to get out, stop their car and say "I was just saying hello you miserable fecker!!!!"
By suavebob
I,ve seen about three new ones this week, all silver. They just keep cropping up!
By Alanok
suavebob wrote:I,ve seen about three new ones this week, all silver. They just keep cropping up!
Whereabouts? Hope it wasn't me and I just drove past like a miserable fecker like I have been going on about :lol:
By JPS3290
Ive seen a couple around lately but never actually been passing to flash or wave.

Saw a Red one near Sacriston on Tuesday night, just next to the witton gilbert bypass. Women driving with a kid in the back, she never even bothered to look.
By suavebob
Saw a silver one on a68 between castleford and tow law parked at a farm just past the council tip, he/she used to have a banana yellow cupra till recently, and passed a black one in castleford on thurs morn at 7.15am ish, waved but then realised i was driving the micra. Duh!
By GaryMan
Any one of the local lads done their MAC course??

I got my Black CTR from Minories Metro Centre in Sept 02, and the dealer never mentioned a single word about MAC. It was only throu this forum that i heard about it.

Emailed MAC last week and had a call from Ray Bradley last nite, who will be taking me out for the day on this MAC course on the 12th Aug- i cant wait! Heard so much good reports about it. anyone here had him??? Wot can i expect?? He jus told me that he'll come up 2 my place by abt 9am, then head over 2 Northumberland to country roads, and he sed hopefully roads i never been on (!!), over the border to Scotland, stop for a sandwich and pop, then head bak to mine for abt 5pm- learing the full capabilities of our CTR- yeah baby!! Cant wait!!!

Gary
By JPS3290
GaryMan wrote:Any one of the local lads done their MAC course??

I got my Black CTR from Minories Metro Centre in Sept 02, and the dealer never mentioned a single word about MAC. It was only throu this forum that i heard about it.

Emailed MAC last week and had a call from Ray Bradley last nite, who will be taking me out for the day on this MAC course on the 12th Aug- i cant wait! Heard so much good reports about it. anyone here had him??? Wot can i expect?? He jus told me that he'll come up 2 my place by abt 9am, then head over 2 Northumberland to country roads, and he sed hopefully roads i never been on (!!), over the border to Scotland, stop for a sandwich and pop, then head bak to mine for abt 5pm- learing the full capabilities of our CTR- yeah baby!! Cant wait!!!

Gary
I was booked in with Ray to do the course back in June but had to cancel due to the problems i was having with the alarm.

Im now booked in for August 26th.
Ray's brilliant. He's the guy that me and 3 other lads did a skidpan session with down at Aykley Head police HQ's and learned a load about controling the car not to mention had some fun. :)
By suavebob
Alanok,
Saw your car outside youe house today, very nice, give us an e mail, sent you a pm, but not sure if it worked.
[email protected]
Simon
By Alanok
Have PMed you mate, am in over the weekend if you want to pop over :)
By suavebob
How bout early sat eve, 6 ish, will give you a bell fri eve.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]