The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By big shrek666
hi

my mrs 2009 fn2 type r broke down on the motorway today with a seized front caliper (o/s)

we had it recovered via honda assist to our local dealership (narborough) who have inspected it and told us that the warranty company are not willing to replace the caliper, they will only replace the seals but ive been told that the caliper has truly had it. we are being told it also now needs new discs and pads aswell.

total for caliper and discs/pads is around £550

really annoyed about this as we paid £9k for it 8 weeks ago and we managed to wangle 2 years warranty with it. car has only covered 41k.

any ideas what i can do about this?
By 15repyt
The caliper is just a piece of metal it will be fine. You will need a rebuild kit much cheaper than a caliper. They come with a new piston, square cut seal, piston dust cover and grease.

I should imagine the piston has rust on and has got stuck. Nothing wrong with rebuilding a caliper, when you buy a recon caliper that's what's been done.
By Commander
The dealership should be sorting this out surely? Seeing as you've only had it 8 weeks and this issue would have been from before you bought it. Make a big deal about it and threaten to get small claims court involved.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]