The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By glenwheeler
Hi Folks,

Long time not chat, I hope everyone on the forums are well, just got back from a trip at Spa Francorchamps for the Formula One which was a treat!

I've been Googling around and cant seem to find anything specific to my issue, so though i'd post it here.

So, today I drove to the train station no problem. All perfectly fine no drama's everything Normal.

This evening I got back to the car, pressed the fob to unlock the door and nothing happens. I unlock the door with my key and the alarm fires and hasn't stopped since. I've had to drive back from the train station to the house with the alarm going off every 10 seconds as well as hazards flashing all the way back. The car alarm will literally not turn off now so i've had to disconnect the battery. Each time I connect the battery the alarm continues to go off.

Does anyone know what I could check to get this resolved? Thanks so much all!
By JasonStatus
Yeah try it mate. If its not that then it will be the actual car battery that is on its way out.

Will be one of them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
By glenwheeler
Cracking! I will give that a try this morning mate!

The Car Battery itself is only 4 months old, I bought a brand new one not so long ago, thats why when I first pressed the fob I was like...sh-t! The battery cant be dead surely!

Will give it a test this morning and let you know, thanks for the help man!
By glenwheeler
Just wanted to reply to this and say thanks to @JasonStatus!! I tried this mid week and it worked a treat.

Just a note to everyone who may have this problem. I had to hold in both buttons on the fob for a few seconds to make the alarm reset itself and stop.

Thanks again for all of the help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]