The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
Hi all

I have both of these codes presently.

p2185 engine coolant temperature sensor2 circuit - seems like a common fault and I bought a new temperature sensor to cure it....however as this has now come up I'm going to take it in under warranty:

P0720 powertrain output speed sensor circuit - came on recently and chased the Speedo to fail and go mayhem. Meant the steering was light and the gearbox didn't have the blocks in place whilst moving. It was on all weekend and Speedo started working again yesterday and code has dropped off.

Both faults seem intermittent with the temperature usually coming on after a longer drive and then staying on for a few days regardless of temperature. The speed sensor has only come on for a few days and now seems to be ok....

It's a non Honda garage I bought it from (1.8 manual 56 plate) so not sure how they will approach it if the codes aren't present when I drop it to them. Any ideas what in particular the speed sensor would be as there seem to be a few possible causes. I'll upload a video and update the link shortly. I want to make sure edits fixed before warranty expires in 3 weeks.

Also I had an abs light for a day a month back. It concerned to have had 3 sensors play up could there be an underlying electrical issue here?
Thanks for your reply. I got the car back today and after a 45 minute drive the engine light came back on...

The blue temperature sensor on the top side, right of the engine was replaced. The speed sensor on the gearbox was replaced.

The error code coming up now is solely for the temperature. Is there a secondary sensor or other fault that could lead to this?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]