The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
Thought I'd say hi. Just got myself a FN2 07 last night. On the way home I thrashed it and loved it (20mins).
Since then I've been to work (only 10mins away) and shopping and I've gone through almost half a tank driving like a grandad.
I didn't expect to get great mpg out of it but is it just me or does that seem a little excessive? The dash says I'm getting 30mpg but it feels like a lot less.
The estimated remaining miles are dropping like a stone.
Is there anything that can be affecting the mpg?

Also, any advice for maintenance and checks would be great.
Thank you
I've noticed the same in the week I've owned my '08. I wouldn't say it's unusual though...........just mildly terrifying!

A friend owns a Focus ST170, and he gets about the same from a full tank, maybe 350 miles. I'm just going to make sure the flow of air and fuel is sweet, the tyres are inflated right, I have a good clean spark, and that all the sensors are doing their job properly. After that, it's in the hands of the motoring gods!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]