The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By Andysutton19
Hi all, just bought an fn2 a few weeks ago which has been mildly modded. HKS induction kit, full Meerkat exhaust, hondata, bilstein Coilovers and few mugen bits and bobs. Anyway started getting a clucking from the suspension when turning at low speeds. The car has bilstein b14 coilovers on it which seem to be leaking but when I jacked the car up there doesn't seem to be in play in the struts or ball joints etc. has anybody else had any top mount issues or are they a common fault? any help at all much appreciated
By Cr1s_fn2
Funny you should mention that lol
I bought my FN2 CTR from a dealership in June. When I got the car they gave me 7 months warranty. After owning the car a few weeks I noticed a knocking noise coming from front right and the steering was very creeky. I left it to the dealer to check it over and it turned out it needed a new control arm and a top strut bearing.
I have had the control arm replaced and I am now waiting on the top strut bearing to resolve the steering and creeking issues.
I also wondered was this a common issue?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well hopefully that's what it is. Getting my top strut mount bearings replaced tomorrow night. The only thing is I have bilstein b14 on with the standard mounts as bilstein don't make top mounts for them so mines were only replaced 2 years ago when the coilovers were fitted which seems a bit quick for wear

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]