The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By matty_boy
Hey people,

Looking at buying an fn2 with 128k miles, this would be my 2nd. The owner says there is a rattle that sometimes happens when the car is started, this then goes after about 15-20 seconds, it doesn't always happen though. The car seems in good overall condition, full history, no loss of power and pulls hard, no engine management light on, any ideas what it could be? He thinks it may be the timing chain, from what I've researched it could be this or maybe valve clearances?

Thanks
Lot of naysayers. If u like the car, take it to a shop and get it checked, may be cheap, may be expensive. Use the blemish to haggle the price. Don't listen to these lazy pricks trying to give u a weak ass one liner opinion. Take the responsibility to have it checked, either by u or a mate that knows what he's doing.

I can tell a lot of these sissy boys on here like to throw their money on pub nights and cheap out on everything else.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]