The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By fn2 brett
Evening all
I've tried getting this done via Honda under warranty but it seems to be easier to get blood from a stone
How much should I look to pay at a reputable body shop ? As I take it they need to remove the windscreen etc ?
By *nub*
AFAIK, they will still fix it. althought might refuse initially at the dealership. there's a thread on civinfo about it, loads of people have got it done at Honda, even 07 plates I believe. I may be wrong, but give it a look and good luck ;)
By CiViC-STU
This is a known problem that Honda will fix for you! The original seal was insufficient and allowed water to get under causing rust were the seal is.
I have been to Honda Vantage in Bradford and they said they would first need to take a paint test to make sure the paint is original and that there hasn't been a bad paint job that caused it. If this is ok then Honda will repair and respray your roof panel and put a better seal to better future protect from water intrusion.
My CTR is booked in this month for this job and its all under warranty so free of charge. It did take a few phone calls to push it forward to get done but this is standard procedure with any main dealer they wont come to you to fix your car!
By Anderoo
A lot of the time it depends on the dealer, most try and fob you off. I had that with mine, so went to another one and they were more than happy to do the work. You might have to ring Honda to get it going, or just try a different dealer.
By chrisrenucci
CiViC-STU wrote:This is a known problem that Honda will fix for you! The original seal was insufficient and allowed water to get under causing rust were the seal is.
I have been to Honda Vantage in Bradford and they said they would first need to take a paint test to make sure the paint is original and that there hasn't been a bad paint job that caused it. If this is ok then Honda will repair and respray your roof panel and put a better seal to better future protect from water intrusion.
My CTR is booked in this month for this job and its all under warranty so free of charge. It did take a few phone calls to push it forward to get done but this is standard procedure with any main dealer they wont come to you to fix your car!
hi I have the same rust issue with my 2010 fn2 I have been told by a bodyshop man that it is caused by the top seal rubbing the paint away as the car flexes and this is rubbing the paint away and then starts rusting. I have been to Lloyd Honda in Carlisle but have to wait for an estimater to look at it and send a report in to Honda, then they will hopfuly approve the work and get it fixed, my friend says they do have to take the windscreen out to do it right. I will let you know how I get on. its booked in for the inspection on 20th june as I am going on my holidays till then. chris.
By mfoster46
my 2008 type r goes in next week for windscreen roof rust.All i did was walked into harrets honda asked them about the recall they took some photos &my service book.
They got back to me the following week & booked my car in +the use of a loan car.
HAPPY DAYS
Took my 08 in to Marshalls, Peterborough, today. Hoping it's a positive outcome. But to be honest, mine was so cheap, I could get it done myself and not lose any money on the resale in a years time!
Part of my job involves collecting vehicles related to Honda Finance, some repos, some handed back for other reasons. Until today, Honda was the only Marshalls dealer in that area I hadn't been in. And when I finally do visit, it's on my own time! Never had any issues with the group on a professional level, so here's hoping they're feeling kind today!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]