The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
Just a heads up, arranged to view this today and the guy said no damage or finance when asked via text but when you do a Hpi check it comes back as written off on the original plate and a potential mileage issue. Stopped the car after luckily only just setting off (long journey) and asked him about it, he knew all along!! :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: Be warned, as he's not mentioned it in the advert and is charging value of a non damaged car. Wasted a lot of time this guy in communications. Plate is AK07BUF

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Last edited by Vertigo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just Dirk wrote:6,750 is cheap though what do you expect? Same car is a grand more on gumtree

Don't expect to be lied to regardless of price. Disagree anyway, take away the built in sat nav and I'd say it was about right for a nighthawk black on an 07. Prices on this board are always ott.

Asked him about the Gumtree ad and he said he was being too optimistic and got little interest. If it was 5-6k I'd get your point and obviously alarm bells do ring on those of listings.

Hes trying to sucker someone out of near seven thousand notes.
Vertigo wrote:
Just Dirk wrote:6,750 is cheap though what do you expect? Same car is a grand more on gumtree

Don't expect to be lied to regardless of price. Disagree anyway, take away the built in sat nav and I'd say it was about right for a nighthawk black on an 07. Prices on this board are always ott.

Asked him about the Gumtree ad and he said he was being too optimistic and got little interest. If it was 5-6k I'd get your point and obviously alarm bells do ring on those of listings.

How did he lie to you? It's not advertised as HPI clear. You don't have to advertise it as written off. It's only an offence to not disclose when asked, which he did do when you asked. It's the buyer's responsibility to run the appropriate checks. It's probably not morally right but that's life.
Mark83 wrote:
Vertigo wrote:

How did he lie to you? It's not advertised as HPI clear. You don't have to advertise it as written off. It's only an offence to not disclose when asked, which he did do when you asked. It's the buyer's responsibility to run the appropriate checks. It's probably not morally right but that's life.
this , and even.then they only have to.mention it if it's got a mention in the logbook I.e cat c or worse.
Mark83 wrote: How did he lie to you? It's not advertised as HPI clear.
Quite simple really, I text him asking about damage and finance, see the original post!!! :eek:

Mark83 wrote:. It's only an offence to not disclose when asked, which he did do when you asked. It's the buyer's responsibility to run the appropriate checks. It's probably not morally right but that's life.
Nope again. I text him asking, he said no its all great only selling because of company car, I then did a check and found out he was telling porkies so called him up, thinking, benefit of the doubt, that he may not know about the history but he revealed he did then tried to say "oh I don't think it was written off, it was just xyz" .So he knew all along and would have been more than happy to take my cash having lied, you see.

Now I know you need Specsavers, but its a bit more than "morally right" in my eyes. Get that its a dog eat dog world out there, he wants to recover the full cash he wasted but to me its wrong what he tried to do, hence the posted thread. Each to their own. Best check I ever did on an FN2 and and even if it saves some on here wasting £20 then job done IMO. Didn't really expect a debate on weather the price was a few hundred less or the morals of the seller but hey ho, that's the end of a bells for you!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]