The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
By Cockpiss Analfist
just want to say thanks for this thread found it just before I bought mine.

had a few of the issues. but tbh nothing major touch wood.
wanted ro ask about the gearbox when its cold. sometimes it can be quite brutal when changing from first to.second.,feels like the gearstick is trying to break my thumb.
whats all that about?

...the car doesnt like you....

^ seen that one coming already.
By Jay_Lips
Some great info here guys, thanks. Currently debating whether to make the jump from EP3 to FN2.
By Borvad
Good info for a newbie such as myself looking for an FN2 in the next month or two
By Daz W
Look out for rust on the front edge of the roof by the windscreen, I've been to look at a few now and seen one or two with it. Honda have been repairing them under warranty
By lex2311
Great advise used it like a fine tooth comb when looking at the one i just bought, all checked out fine :)

Thanks for the guide its very useful
By fuzzylogic
I'm going to view an 09 FN2 tomorrow. I intend to follow the buying advice on offer here to the letter.

Its original owner must have had a problem understanding the service schedule, because the first service was done at 13,500 miles.....when the car was 18 months old. The second service was done around 26,000 miles but when the car was 30 months old(not 24). In total it has only had 4 services with the last one being the 62,500 one.

Mark

EDIT: Didn't get past going through the service history bit as nothing present for the first three years, save for two stamps in the service book. First MOT done at three years old. Then nothing for six months, until another MOT issued for, I can only presume, the second owner in September 2012(only six months after the first one, but with a mileage of 150,000+ declared on the system. All very dodge, so after consideration, I walked away.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]