The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
hayesy4791 wrote:
matgt3000 wrote:Its sooooo annoying that it is a design failure with the rubber door sills :bad-words:
Must be something we can do, it's not right. I love the car but this is really anoying me as I like to keep it in top condition and with it like this I not happy.
I believe all type r owners are in the same boat. Even with my CW i keep looking and the slight light colour of brown rust still appears :sad:

The problem is we don't want the whole world (market of those who might buy our cars) to know of this problem. Honda dont see this as a problem and will happily sort the problem out when we take our cars to our dealers when we have the problem, but like the ridiculase thin paint work will not make this a serious issue. all i can suggest is to cover the area in grease. the problem is that the water will still get to the bottom of the doors, you and me will not notice any problems but in 10 years or so the bottom of the doors will rust away :sad:

Its a sad day like i said before when a stupid design floor causes such a problem, which it obviously is but what you going to do about it which isent going to cause a future selling point issue :vconf:
matgt3000 wrote:
hayesy4791 wrote:
matgt3000 wrote:Its sooooo annoying that it is a design failure with the rubber door sills :bad-words:
Must be something we can do, it's not right. I love the car but this is really anoying me as I like to keep it in top condition and with it like this I not happy.
I believe all type r owners are in the same boat. Even with my CW i keep looking and the slight light colour of brown rust still appears :sad:

The problem is we don't want the whole world (market of those who might buy our cars) to know of this problem. Honda dont see this as a problem and will happily sort the problem out when we take our cars to our dealers when we have the problem, but like the ridiculase thin paint work will not make this a serious issue. all i can suggest is to cover the area in grease. the problem is that the water will still get to the bottom of the doors, you and me will not notice any problems but in 10 years or so the bottom of the doors will rust away :sad:

I know what you mean. Spent a while cleaning her today, touched up all the stone chips and was quite happy when I'd finished! Going to ring Honda tomorow and arrange to take it in.
Was even thinking of having the paint covered with extra coats of laquer, at a good body shop. Do you think this would help with front end of car and reduce stone chips?

Its a sad day like i said before when a stupid design floor causes such a problem, which it obviously is but what you going to do about it which isent going to cause a future selling point issue :vconf:
Horizon wrote:My CW Is infected :bad-words: :bad-words: So i took it to the dealers and waiting on them getting back to me not even had it a year and its going rusty thanks Honda!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
:scratch:
So Honda did do nothing even on latest FN2 edition...shame on you Honda UK :evil:
That sucks I think something like that could never happen to Honda Japan....
djtopa wrote:
Horizon wrote:My CW Is infected :bad-words: :bad-words: So i took it to the dealers and waiting on them getting back to me not even had it a year and its going rusty thanks Honda!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
:scratch:
So Honda did do nothing even on latest FN2 edition...shame on you Honda UK :evil:
That sucks I think something like that could never happen to Honda Japan....
They did do something, they put a black bit of metal over the most comon error part, but guess what it still rusts around it :roll:
skillfull bill wrote:i have just checked my new car for this "drama" and i am not happy to say the least, yes i have been infected, but it dont seem to be to rusty. if i do take this to honda to be repaired will it happen again?
Unless they change the design of the rubber surround, then more than likely it will :bad-words:

I've got to take my CW back because there are brown marks at the top corner of the door and looks like it has gone down inside and is coming out half way down the door, with cracked paint :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
matgt3000 wrote:
skillfull bill wrote:i have just checked my new car for this "drama" and i am not happy to say the least, yes i have been infected, but it dont seem to be to rusty. if i do take this to honda to be repaired will it happen again?
Unless they change the design of the rubber surround, then more than likely it will :bad-words:

I've got to take my CW back because there are brown marks at the top corner of the door and looks like it has gone down inside and is coming out half way down the door, with cracked paint :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
oh my, thats not good news. personally i think thats very naughty of honda keeping in mind how popular and reliable they are. i suppose someone never done there job properly whilst putting the car through its tests :bad-words:
sorry to add comment on such an old subject but theres probably loads of people who arent aware of this problem and the other commons ones :/. I took mine in to Honda brislington (bristol) to have this problem sorted out along with the gearbox and the clutch clicking whilst being depressed and the passenger door not opening properley from outside.

the clutch problem was sorted by replacing the clutch master cylinder. gearbox problem with selecting 3rd gear this was sorted by fitting a smaller synchromesh assembly(which took 2 weeks to turn up as it was on back order). but as for therust on the tops of the doors i wasent so sure about :s i thought i heard the mechanic mention something about using touch up paint, some new tape and some rust preventer in there? anybody know what the exact fix is for this?

Cheers Matt,

p.s I was lucky to get this sorted as warrenty is up in august :s and they did it all without any complaints :D
m@dds wrote: but as for therust on the tops of the doors i wasent so sure about :s i thought i heard the mechanic mention something about using touch up paint, some new tape and some rust preventer in there? anybody know what the exact fix is for this?

Cheers Matt,
Thats about it fella :thumbup: , the tape is not like sellotape, this stuff is very stronge my garage said to acts more like metal tape :scratch:

There is a new longer version of tape design just come out for 2010 cars, ask for that stuff, memo came out about 10 weeks ago i believe :thumbup:
Really? that alright then lol! I wasent so sure so just thought id confirm it with some more knowledgable members. I think I may just get some waxoil in there aswell I think :) metal tape? hmmmmm interesting.

Do you think will be enough to sort this problem out? seems a lil bit......well lacking really

cheers for the re-assurance :-D
m@dds wrote:Really? that alright then lol! I wasent so sure so just thought id confirm it with some more knowledgable members. I think I may just get some waxoil in there aswell I think :) metal tape? hmmmmm interesting.

Do you think will be enough to sort this problem out? seems a lil bit......well lacking really

cheers for the re-assurance :-D
I didn't say it would sort the problem out :???: Its what Honda says will sort the problem out and its all they are willing to do, it will only cover the area up, and mask the fact that water is still getting inside the door, which in 5years who knows will end up rusting the inside of the door. The area is protected and looks great, but a piece of metal tape in the metal door can not prevent the water getting in past the rubber door surround :bad-words:
they really couldnt give a :bad-words: could they! well i think ill be getting some waxoil in the bottom of the door and in on the in on the side of the door if I can I know honda used to waxoil the bottoms of the doors with the 4th gen preludes and that helpped keep it together but i think ill just have a look and do it anyways only other probs is water getting in the door speakers and electrics :s
Update:

After taking my Car to Hondaand leaving it with them for a couple of days, I got a right result looks like they have replaced the door. I had a small parking ding on the door and when i got my car back the dink had gone, so thanks Boston Honda. :WOOT :WOOT
EvoStu wrote:
Composite Guru wrote:Once again, great british build quality!!! The EP3 doors used to rust badly too. :evil:
Matt I've had two EP3's and neither of mine had rust on them?

EvoStu.
ive had two ep3's, 1 ep2 and an ep1 and never had any problems with rust on them!!!

def must be that silly looking body shape the fn2 has :roflmao:

OR........ water always sits on it because its not fast enough to clear any of it off!!!! (only a thought!!)

:shouldbeinteresting: :roflmao:
my folks have just brought an Fk3 (2007) so same shape as the Fn2 just two extra doors. No signs of rust, but my brother lent the car for a week and found that he could hear water in the bottom of the door so cleared one of the plugs at the bootom of the door and it all emptied.

Is there a procedure of clearing crap from behind the plugs or not?

But also check your own save them clogging
Just had rust on roof sorted out this week. Apparently earlier FN2's seal around windows was too hard therefore cut in to paint on roof, hence rust.

Honda have repainted the full roof and fitted a new softer seal and all is well. :thumbup:

Apparently there was a recal but not all FN2's were captured. Anyway mines a june 08 model so if anyone wants to check theirs then just look behind seal on roof above the window.

:bigthumb:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]