The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
Meant to say I had my bonnet and front bumper spraid when I bought mine, it was only a few months old, but peppered in chips, bloke who had it before must have loved tailgaiting..... :roll:

Mine is bronze and the match was bang on, wouldnt know the difference at all, did it through Honda Exeter, but that might be a bit far for you guys!??
stuart-t wrote:Just had a look at the doors on my CW FN2 and they look clean,white and rust free.
Stuart.
swapped mine today, a beautiful CW FN2 the dealer cleaned the area up covered the area up in grease, BUT took 10 pics that 10pics of the rust marks for future reference, many offers have been offered if rust develops, i will be better off if rust appears :-D
matgt3000 wrote:
stuart-t wrote:Just had a look at the doors on my CW FN2 and they look clean,white and rust free.
Stuart.
swapped mine today, a beautiful CW FN2 the dealer cleaned the area up covered the area up in grease, BUT took 10 pics that 10pics of the rust marks for future reference, many offers have been offered if rust develops, i will be better off if rust appears :-D
many offers have been offered if rust develops, i will be better off if rust appears :-D[/quote]

What do you mean by that? They will give you a new car if it appears?
JohnnoTypeR wrote:
matgt3000 wrote:
Stuart.
many offers have been offered if rust develops, i will be better off if rust appears :-D

What do you mean by that? They will give you a new car if it appears?[/quote]

Not quite, proberly the same for everyone but complementry items and guaranteed money off stuff printed on my invoice
matgt3000 wrote:
JohnnoTypeR wrote:
matgt3000 wrote:
Stuart.
many offers have been offered if rust develops, i will be better off if rust appears :-D

Not quite, proberly the same for everyone but complementry items and guaranteed money off stuff printed on my invoice[/quote]

Ive never had any Good will items or money off servicing and ive had the Rust issue, And ive got the Rust issue back.
JohnnoTypeR wrote:
matgt3000 wrote:
JohnnoTypeR wrote:
matgt3000 wrote:
Stuart.

Not quite, proberly the same for everyone but complementry items and guaranteed money off stuff printed on my invoice
Ive never had any Good will items or money off servicing and ive had the Rust issue, And ive got the Rust issue back.[/quote]

I think you due some compensation :bad-words: :cool:
Kevin m wrote:NAME: Paul
USERNAME: moons
MODEL: FN2
YEAR: 2008
AREA OF BODY AFFECTED BY RUST: Doors - Top corner of both, beneath rubber seal.

NAME: Ian Meadows
USERNAME: Gappy31
YEAR: 2007

NAME: John Godleman
USERNAME: JohnnoTypeR
AREA OF BODY AFFECTED BY RUST: Doors - Top corner of both, Beneath the rubber seal.

NAME: Richard Hoskins
USERNAME: Beegrich

Name : James Pardon
USERNAME: Hyb
MODEL : FN2
YEAR : 2007
AREA OF BODY AFFECTED BY RUST : Top corner of driver side door, underneath rubber seal.
COUNTRY UK

Name : Matthew isted
USERNAME: matgt3000
MODEL : FN2
YEAR : 2007
AREA OF BODY AFFECTED BY RUST : Doors - Top corner of both, beneath rubber seal
COUNTRY UK

NAME: David Gunthorpe
USERNAME: dgunthor

NAME: Kevin Mitchell
USERNAME: kevin m
NAME: Colin Gibbons
USERNAME: Pigdog
YEAR: 2008
AREA OF BODY AFFECTED BY RUST:Doors - Top corner of both, beneath rubber seal.
Mine is infected :sad: 2007 model in Silver. Booked into Honda this Thursday so they can take a closer inspection as I first visited them Friday about this issue. They claim this is the first they have seen the problem & want the Bodyshop manger to inspect my vehicle. I will keep everyone posted as to their actions.
I think I caught mine early, I treated it with Rust Remedy and then touched it up myself. You have to keep an eye on it every few months as water must get trapped under the rubbers and causing the doors to rust. I have also put some grease inbetween the rubber and the door to stop it rubbing. :roll:
EvoStu wrote:
Composite Guru wrote:Once again, great british build quality!!! The EP3 doors used to rust badly too. :evil:
Matt I've had two EP3's and neither of mine had rust on them?

EvoStu.
Matt ive had my ep3 since march 04 and no rust???

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]