The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• Bassworks

• Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to the MY07+ (FN2 & FD2) Civic Type R.
 #1689762  by chan_chung
 Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:37 pm
hi everyone

just wondering is the bassworks speakers are fitted on the front and the back? or isit just the backs? and the front are the normal speakers? thanks very much for your help
 #1709924  by eric301140
 Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:58 am
Got baseworks on mine, radio still c**p, waste of money imo,
 #1710015  by Az_type-r
 Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:49 pm
got bass works on mine too

go above 15 and they seem like there gunna pop :-x
 #1710855  by 00041
 Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:24 am
what you wana do is get some Infinity Refrence speakers, and Dynamat inside your drivers doors. whack a small sub in the boot, and you can crank it up to 40, and its still crystal clear, sounds awesome.

only cost me about £300 as well, fitted. i duno how that compares price wise to bass works, but it certainly sounds a lot better.
 #1712118  by o0MattE0o
 Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:00 pm
not got my civic yet but that the first thing im going to do is take out the standard speakers (Honda never do good sound systems) can you give more info on your setup...

Did you replace like for like???
 #1712134  by aphemia
 Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:12 pm
I'd be interested in a reply on this too.

I had a three day test drive of the FN2 [and am now about 3-4 weeks from delivery] and one of the things that stood out was how poor the standard CD player/Speakers were.

I'm a total audiophile really, so it's very important to me that things sound right and good in my car. The stock set-up had a really fizzzy thin trebly sound and seemed devoid of low-mids and bass.

Now, I'm not one for huge bass, and certainly will not be getting any kind of woofer, but I'd be interested to hear opinions on how much of an improvement can be made just by replacing stock speakers rather than fitting a whole new system?

Has anyone done this?

Cheers

Aphemia
 #1712265  by 00041
 Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:30 pm
yeah, that would be me again.

Literally just a replacement on the two front door speakers, same size, but spend a bit of money to get good quality ones, and new front tweeters, your pretty much set, i reckon.

Im no expert, and dont know the differences offered by different speakers, but i have had some Infinity Refrence speakers fitted in my 3 previous cars, and each time been very happy.

I did also go for some dynamat soundproofing inside the door panel, and altho this isnt necessary, it certainly made a difference.

I personally like a good thump from a Sub, so i later added a lil 10" Sub, nothing ridiculous but does make the sound nice and full. (although it was still a huge improvement over standard with just the door speakers and tweeter)

You should be able to pick up a set off e-bay, otherwise theres probably somewhere nearby you could get a buy and fit done. theres about 5 places within 5 miles of where i am, so im guessing theyre popular enough.

Recent Topics

User avatar car wont rev past 4k RPM

by tjscott3

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am

User avatar Delete account

by EvoStu

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

User avatar Face lift

by garysan

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 pm

User avatar ReMap FK8 TDI North

by paul155

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

User avatar Tyre pressure problems

by Evilwoo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002