The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Harv
seano wrote:25 minutes waiting while border control in Switzerland checked papers and put a sniffer dog round the car. Sniffer dog did not find the weed. IIRC that night was the day after Glasgow airport bomb and the border police had been told that one of the terrorists had got to Switzerland. They were giving all UK passports holders a good look crossing the borders that night, which is fair enough - there were pictures of UK suspects in their booths.
tbh i was stopped at the swiss border for about 30mins on the HET 06. The swiss police are just bastards
By seano
Maybe they're guarding their Gnomes and Nazi Gold still!

Anyway Turbo5's proposed route for 2008 avoids the place altogether - saves on the vignette and being ripped off on the Swiss Franc/Euro conversions at the bar.

Seano
By algreene
evilowl wrote:This year we had

Motorcycle policeman telling us to slow down
Targeted by laser on autoroute, my road angel went mental so we slowed down and the French car in front of us got pulled instead
25 minutes of awkward questioning by local french police as to why we were filming with video cameras mounted on front and rear of car on the N85
25 minutes waiting while border control in Switzerland checked papers and put a sniffer dog round the car. Sniffer dog did not find the weed.

There's probably more that I've forgotten but those are the moments that spring to mind.

Well our group drove sensibly and carefully, and didnt encounter one problem. (like roundabouts) :thumbup:

I think the camera equipment will draw more problems to you though.. Also the 'stash' :lol: :lol:
By Turbo-Type-R-Manda
If i decide to go it probabley wont be in a civic either, the LHD mitsi eclipse would be coming, Snap Al!
A bit of variety wouldnt go down a miss :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]