The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Turbo5
I know its a long time off but does anybody have any ideas where they would like to go next? some of us have done the Alps, 2 or even 3 times so I thought what your ideas might be. Bear in mind try to keep the driving distances shorter this year. nothing over 8 hours maximum.
Ideas are Spain in the Pyrenees but the ferry is 36 hours to Spain and quite expensive, but if you take off the tolls and petrol they shouldn't be that much difference.
Ross fancies Norway and Scandinavia , I love the idea except for the strict diving laws. and pathetically low speed limits.
I personally have always fancied Eastern Europe, cheap. empty roads (because most of them are over here) different and beautiful scenery
John my passenger fancies Italy down to scicly and Malta.
By algreene
Hi Dave..

Was just talkin to nick before and we both agreed its crap being back home..

He said if he won the lottery he would just live driving round europe and the world!!! :thumbup:

Again thanks for the experience.. :-D

I fancy Italy and down to sicily, that would be pretty cool!!!
By seano
I was thinking more about September than next year!

Yes 8/9 hours drive time sounds about right. I wonder if P&O would offer a deal on asymmetric crossings ie UK to Spain followed by Rotterdam to UK. That way you could still do the Pyrenees, some of the Alps and the Ring although you might need an extra day or two.

Catz - we are thinking of returning the back end of September via Hull.

Seano
By Turbo5
Catz wrote:How about Scotland and a few ferries to the Hebridean islands :wink: :lol:

Despite some of the long days on HET I've felt at a bit of a loose end the past week ...

I want to go back to the Ring soon!!! Been pricing that up already. :-D
I know how you feel, Its such a downer being home, whilst I was away it was ''god'' some of these days are long but since I have got back I just want to be in the mountains again.
I did drive from Paris to Le Havre on Tuesday and returned on Wednesday 3 hrs each way, but its no fun in a 207 1.4 litre version
By salem
Catz wrote:How about Scotland and a few ferries to the Hebridean islands :wink: :lol:

Despite some of the long days on HET I've felt at a bit of a loose end the past week ...

I want to go back to the Ring soon!!! Been pricing that up already. :-D
I'm hoping to get a tour of Scotland in next year.. So no doubt I'll be nagging you for your best driving roads.. although most of the roads in Scotland are ace.
By Turbo5
19 hours crossing with onboard 2 berth cabin is £364 based on 2 sharing with car from Plymouth to Santander this would remove half the driving distance and safe on fuel and tolls. the the ferry back from Calais would be about £30 per car. This is the web price so discounted would be gained with a group booking through the travel agent Fraser eagle.
I think Ross developed a good route a couple of years ago through the Prynees we could finish off the tour visiting Le Mans 24 hours if we went in June 2008
By algreene
Turbo5 wrote:19 hours crossing with onboard 2 berth cabin is £364 based on 2 sharing with car from Plymouth to Santander this would remove half the driving distance and safe on fuel and tolls. the the ferry back from Calais would be about £30 per car. This is the web price so discounted would be gained with a group booking through the travel agent Fraser eagle.
I think Ross developed a good route a couple of years ago through the Prynees we could finish off the tour visiting Le Mans 24 hours if we went in June 2008

Sounds good so far dave! :thumbup:
By Cat
salem wrote:
I'm hoping to get a tour of Scotland in next year.. So no doubt I'll be nagging you for your best driving roads.. although most of the roads in Scotland are ace.
Feel free to ask away. :-D I can send you to some fantastic roads! :twisted:

Seano wrote: Catz - we are thinking of returning the back end of September via Hull.
Are you now! :cool:

Keep me informed please. :thumbup:
By evilowl
My thoughts so far:

1) Fly to New York, hire car and drive to LA
2) Tour of Italy/ Sicily (this would probably involve more than 3000 miles though if we do the route I want to, so may need to be spread over a few extra days)
3) Scandinavia
4) China via Mongolia
By Harv
Turbo5 wrote:19 hours crossing with onboard 2 berth cabin is £364 based on 2 sharing with car from Plymouth to Santander this would remove half the driving distance and safe on fuel and tolls. the the ferry back from Calais would be about £30 per car. This is the web price so discounted would be gained with a group booking through the travel agent Fraser eagle.
:cool:
By algreene
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Top end of Italy or maybe Switzerland - anywhere taking in the Mont Blanc tunnel and I'd want to accompany you next year! :twisted:

Mont Blanc tunnel is crap.. You dont see anything and its an 18km dead straight tunnel!!
algreene wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Top end of Italy or maybe Switzerland - anywhere taking in the Mont Blanc tunnel and I'd want to accompany you next year! :twisted:
Mont Blanc tunnel is crap.. You dont see anything and its an 18km dead straight tunnel!!
Was thinking of the noise as I'd have a few mods by then! :-D

Any other Tunnel then! The one on the way to Tignes/Val'desiere coming from Geneva is good, whichever that one is! :???:
By Harv
You can’t make too much noise in the Mont blanc tunnel as its all speed cameras. Had that fire few years back.

Anyway there are enough tunnels in Switzerland to keep you happy.
By algreene
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
algreene wrote:

Any other Tunnel then! The one on the way to Tignes/Val'desiere coming from Geneva is good, whichever that one is! :???:

As Harvey said. there are 150metre spacers between cars!! Lots of cameras.. no fun allowed there.. :evil:

But there are hundreds more tunnels to enjoy!! :thumbup:
algreene wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
algreene wrote:

As Harvey said. there are 150metre spacers between cars!! Lots of cameras.. no fun allowed there.. :evil:

But there are hundreds more tunnels to enjoy!! :thumbup:
Don't worry; just found out what you mean by spacers. :oops:
By Coxy1984
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:1) Fly to New York, hire car and drive to LA
4) China via Mongolia

LOVE these ideas! I'd definitely have to say I'm in on these (the American one being my fave) :thumbup:
That has always been something ive wanted to do before. Touring America would be another great experiance, but not sure if I could get the £2-5k needed to finance such a trip :badrazz: .

Sicily or spain sound good Dave. :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]