The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• Where do you want to go next year ?

• Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
 #1638135  by Turbo5
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:15 pm
I know its a long time off but does anybody have any ideas where they would like to go next? some of us have done the Alps, 2 or even 3 times so I thought what your ideas might be. Bear in mind try to keep the driving distances shorter this year. nothing over 8 hours maximum.
Ideas are Spain in the Pyrenees but the ferry is 36 hours to Spain and quite expensive, but if you take off the tolls and petrol they shouldn't be that much difference.
Ross fancies Norway and Scandinavia , I love the idea except for the strict diving laws. and pathetically low speed limits.
I personally have always fancied Eastern Europe, cheap. empty roads (because most of them are over here) different and beautiful scenery
John my passenger fancies Italy down to scicly and Malta.
 #1638145  by algreene
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:23 pm
Hi Dave..

Was just talkin to nick before and we both agreed its crap being back home..

He said if he won the lottery he would just live driving round europe and the world!!! :thumbup:

Again thanks for the experience.. :-D

I fancy Italy and down to sicily, that would be pretty cool!!!
 #1638163  by Cat
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:42 pm
How about Scotland and a few ferries to the Hebridean islands :wink: :lol:

Despite some of the long days on HET I've felt at a bit of a loose end the past week ...

I want to go back to the Ring soon!!! Been pricing that up already. :-D
 #1638173  by seano
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 pm
I was thinking more about September than next year!

Yes 8/9 hours drive time sounds about right. I wonder if P&O would offer a deal on asymmetric crossings ie UK to Spain followed by Rotterdam to UK. That way you could still do the Pyrenees, some of the Alps and the Ring although you might need an extra day or two.

Catz - we are thinking of returning the back end of September via Hull.

Seano
 #1638176  by Turbo5
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:00 pm
Catz wrote:How about Scotland and a few ferries to the Hebridean islands :wink: :lol:

Despite some of the long days on HET I've felt at a bit of a loose end the past week ...

I know how you feel, Its such a downer being home, whilst I was away it was ''god'' some of these days are long but since I have got back I just want to be in the mountains again.
I did drive from Paris to Le Havre on Tuesday and returned on Wednesday 3 hrs each way, but its no fun in a 207 1.4 litre version
 #1638183  by salem
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:09 pm
Catz wrote:How about Scotland and a few ferries to the Hebridean islands :wink: :lol:

I'm hoping to get a tour of Scotland in next year.. So no doubt I'll be nagging you for your best driving roads.. although most of the roads in Scotland are ace.
 #1638191  by Turbo5
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:13 pm
19 hours crossing with onboard 2 berth cabin is £364 based on 2 sharing with car from Plymouth to Santander this would remove half the driving distance and safe on fuel and tolls. the the ferry back from Calais would be about £30 per car. This is the web price so discounted would be gained with a group booking through the travel agent Fraser eagle.
I think Ross developed a good route a couple of years ago through the Prynees we could finish off the tour visiting Le Mans 24 hours if we went in June 2008
 #1638204  by algreene
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 pm
Turbo5 wrote:19 hours crossing with onboard 2 berth cabin is £364 based on 2 sharing with car from Plymouth to Santander this would remove half the driving distance and safe on fuel and tolls. the the ferry back from Calais would be about £30 per car. This is the web price so discounted would be gained with a group booking through the travel agent Fraser eagle.
I think Ross developed a good route a couple of years ago through the Prynees we could finish off the tour visiting Le Mans 24 hours if we went in June 2008

Sounds good so far dave! :thumbup:
 #1638220  by Cat
 Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 pm
salem wrote:
I'm hoping to get a tour of Scotland in next year.. So no doubt I'll be nagging you for your best driving roads.. although most of the roads in Scotland are ace.

Feel free to ask away. :-D I can send you to some fantastic roads! :twisted:

Seano wrote: Catz - we are thinking of returning the back end of September via Hull.

Are you now! :cool:

Keep me informed please. :thumbup:
 #1638420  by evilowl
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am
My thoughts so far:

1) Fly to New York, hire car and drive to LA
2) Tour of Italy/ Sicily (this would probably involve more than 3000 miles though if we do the route I want to, so may need to be spread over a few extra days)
3) Scandinavia
4) China via Mongolia
 #1638442  by Harv
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:49 am
Turbo5 wrote:19 hours crossing with onboard 2 berth cabin is £364 based on 2 sharing with car from Plymouth to Santander this would remove half the driving distance and safe on fuel and tolls. the the ferry back from Calais would be about £30 per car. This is the web price so discounted would be gained with a group booking through the travel agent Fraser eagle.

:cool:
 #1638447  by algreene
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:56 am
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Top end of Italy or maybe Switzerland - anywhere taking in the Mont Blanc tunnel and I'd want to accompany you next year! :twisted:

Mont Blanc tunnel is crap.. You dont see anything and its an 18km dead straight tunnel!!
 #1638453  by Sacrificial Pawn
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 am
algreene wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Top end of Italy or maybe Switzerland - anywhere taking in the Mont Blanc tunnel and I'd want to accompany you next year! :twisted:

Mont Blanc tunnel is crap.. You dont see anything and its an 18km dead straight tunnel!!

Was thinking of the noise as I'd have a few mods by then! :-D

Any other Tunnel then! The one on the way to Tignes/Val'desiere coming from Geneva is good, whichever that one is! :???:
 #1638457  by Harv
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 am
You can’t make too much noise in the Mont blanc tunnel as its all speed cameras. Had that fire few years back.

Anyway there are enough tunnels in Switzerland to keep you happy.
 #1638539  by algreene
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:59 pm
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
algreene wrote:

Any other Tunnel then! The one on the way to Tignes/Val'desiere coming from Geneva is good, whichever that one is! :???:

As Harvey said. there are 150metre spacers between cars!! Lots of cameras.. no fun allowed there.. :evil:

But there are hundreds more tunnels to enjoy!! :thumbup:
 #1638545  by Sacrificial Pawn
 Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:04 pm
algreene wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
algreene wrote:

As Harvey said. there are 150metre spacers between cars!! Lots of cameras.. no fun allowed there.. :evil:

But there are hundreds more tunnels to enjoy!! :thumbup:

Don't worry; just found out what you mean by spacers. :oops:
 #1639237  by Coxy1984
 Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:08 pm
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:1) Fly to New York, hire car and drive to LA
4) China via Mongolia

LOVE these ideas! I'd definitely have to say I'm in on these (the American one being my fave) :thumbup:

That has always been something ive wanted to do before. Touring America would be another great experiance, but not sure if I could get the £2-5k needed to finance such a trip :badrazz: .

Sicily or spain sound good Dave. :thumbup:

Recent Topics

User avatar car wont rev past 4k RPM

by tjscott3

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am

User avatar Delete account

by EvoStu

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

User avatar Face lift

by garysan

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 pm

User avatar ReMap FK8 TDI North

by paul155

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

User avatar Tyre pressure problems

by Evilwoo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002