The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

  • TAR!!!!!

  • Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
 #1636901  by mike
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:51 pm
Did anyone else spend an hour cleaning tar off their alloys???

I even managed to find tar spots on the tail gate!!
 #1636915  by AMR79
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:12 pm
Mine is covered also mate, going clay it at the weekend!!

Its all up the sides and boot, done the wheels was a task.
 #1637034  by Davo CTR
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:07 pm
ahem,, who did the wheels? ;)
 #1637068  by AMR79
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:51 pm
Davo CTR wrote:ahem,, who did the wheels? ;)


Ok Ok :P
 #1639590  by Turbo5
 Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 pm
I had no tar but I spent 3 hours cleaning the exterior of the car today, the white wheels were black and I must have wiped out the entire population of bugs and flies in Europe. they had all welded to the front.
 #1639724  by algreene
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:41 am
Finally cleaned mine yesterday..

6 hours it took, and that didnt include interior! 3 hours were clay barring it!!! Had to go buy a second new bar too!!! :shock:

The tar is really really bad. 3 washes were needed to get the bugs off the front!

Will do it next weekend with the clay again.. :bigcry:
 #1639782  by Kingy
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:37 am
algreene wrote:Finally cleaned mine yesterday..

6 hours it took, and that didnt include interior! 3 hours were clay barring it!!! Had to go buy a second new bar too!!! :shock:

The tar is really really bad. 3 washes were needed to get the bugs off the front!

Will do it next weekend with the clay again.. :bigcry:



Can this be the same bloke that told me "its only a car" when we we're stop outside the hotel in Nice??? :liar: :lol:
 #1639796  by Turbo5
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:53 am
This was taken at Nice, the car was a lot worse when I got home. I am really glad I meshed my grill, I suspect I saved the rad a few times
Image
 #1639809  by Kingy
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:11 pm
Turbo5 wrote:This was taken at Nice, the car was a lot worse when I got home. I am really glad I meshed my grill, I suspect I saved the rad a few times
Image


Its your own fault for not washing it mid tour! You arrived in good time most days so you haven't really got an excuse! :thumbup:

Think most cars were the same, just that white shows it up more!!
 #1639832  by VTi STU
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:57 pm
Autoglym tar remover, gets everything off!

The megs bath and wax :thumbup:
 #1639861  by N77
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Although I didn't go on the tour I spent most of the day getting my bodywork clear from crap :lol: so I feel for you guys.

Hard work but worth it when its all finished :-D

Carl
 #1640033  by algreene
 Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:33 pm
Kingy wrote:
algreene wrote:Finally cleaned mine yesterday..

6 hours it took, and that didnt include interior! 3 hours were clay barring it!!! Had to go buy a second new bar too!!! :shock:

The tar is really really bad. 3 washes were needed to get the bugs off the front!

Will do it next weekend with the clay again.. :bigcry:



Can this be the same bloke that told me "its only a car" when we we're stop outside the hotel in Nice??? :liar: :lol:



Yes it is.. :P

On tour it wasnt necessary, but once home it needed to be done!!

It was shockingly bad too..






















(wish id done it mod tour now!) :bigcry:
:lol:

Recent Topics

User avatar car wont rev past 4k RPM

by tjscott3

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am

User avatar Delete account

by EvoStu

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

User avatar Face lift

by garysan

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 pm

User avatar ReMap FK8 TDI North

by paul155

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

User avatar Tyre pressure problems

by Evilwoo

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002