The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Turbo5
For a change John and I decided to get up soon :lol: along with Daran and Julie. we headed for Boulogne and paid £15 per car to change the ferry time from 5.15pm to 1.30pm. when we arrived at the speedferries terminal we were told the ferry had a technical problem and the next sailing would be midnight on Sunday and they couldn't guarantee a place :evil: so we paid £145 per car for the Euro Tunnel . I tried ringing as many people as possible to inform you, but I have since heard you all caught the ferry at 5.30pm. I hope this is true :?:
I think a certain Speedferries head office is in line for some serious abuse on Monday, I want a refund for the eurotunnel fee, if speedferries wont pay perhaps my holiday insurance will.
Anyhow got home at 7pm completely knackered we drove 730 miles today
By evilowl
Got in about an hour ago, nice easy drive back. Hope everyone else made it back ok. We saw Salem and Sharkey go past us at around 4:30 in Belgium so hope they made it back in time for the boat
By salem
evilowl wrote:Got in about an hour ago, nice easy drive back. Hope everyone else made it back ok. We saw Salem and Sharkey go past us at around 4:30 in Belgium so hope they made it back in time for the boat
Yep we made it home safe and sound thanks got home at 0830pm.. We saw another couple in a black CTR as we left the Tunnel, (blonde lady driving) I think they were with us on the tour..
By salem
I am somewhat confused now... I phoned Speedferries and the ferry was not cancelled yesterday the only one cancelled which was at 1040am. As a result they wondered where we were and now I am not able to claim the £145 for the Eurotunnel we took as advised.

Please let me know if others get told otherwise and who they spoke too as I wont be very happy if I cant reclaim the Eurotunnel fee back..

Thanks
By Turbo5
salem wrote:I am somewhat confused now... I phoned Speedferries and the ferry was not cancelled yesterday the only one cancelled which was at 1040am. As a result they wondered where we were and now I am not able to claim the £145 for the Eurotunnel we took as advised.

Please let me know if others get told otherwise and who they spoke too as I wont be very happy if I cant reclaim the Eurotunnel fee back..

Thanks
same here, I am furious, the girl on the speedferries kiosk definitely told me then Daran and Julie the ferries had been canceled, I need to know how many people (cars) took alternative ferry crossings
By algreene
We heard nothing and arrived for the 5.30pm ferry with 90% of everyone else.

We all boarded fine, and finally arrived home at 12.05am this morning!! 683 miles later from Koblenz.. :thumbup:

Thanks again to Dave for the hard work put into organisation..
By Kingy
Finally got home at 8.30pm after dropping off Jason in North London at 7pm.

We spoke to Speedferries several tiames during the day and had "ferry is cancelled" then "ferry may be fixed" and finally "ferry is fine" that was at about 4.30 so we hot fotted it to the terminal, rather than ducking into calais, which was our alternative plan.
By salem
Turbo5 wrote:
salem wrote:I am somewhat confused now... I phoned Speedferries and the ferry was not cancelled yesterday the only one cancelled which was at 1040am. As a result they wondered where we were and now I am not able to claim the £145 for the Eurotunnel we took as advised.

Thanks
same here, I am furious, the girl on the speedferries kiosk definitely told me then Daran and Julie the ferries had been canceled, I need to know how many people (cars) took alternative ferry crossings
Oh dear.. Well it was another experience

Well Sharky and I did the Eurotunnel and so did my parents.. I believe Craig did too as we passed him on the way..
By mossta
Catz wrote: Didn't know there was any problem with the ferry :scratch:
Although I did notice a few missing.
Ditto - the only problem some people had was getting over the water to the speed ferries terminal

Got back at 20:40
By salem
Any news or feed back on the complaint.. I dont really have a leg to stand on I guess as couldnt call the ferry company (Andy lost his mobile at the ring and mine wouldnt make calls just except them) So we only acted on the instrustions Dave was given.

Would be nice if we could claim the Eurotunnel back but if not will have to put it down to experience
By Turbo5
salem wrote:Any news or feed back on the complaint.. I dont really have a leg to stand on I guess as couldnt call the ferry company (Andy lost his mobile at the ring and mine wouldnt make calls just except them) So we only acted on the instrustions Dave was given.

Would be nice if we could claim the Eurotunnel back but if not will have to put it down to experience
I telephoned them on Monday and was told to write to the customer services which I did, and copied everybody, they still haven't got back, I will be following it up with a telephone call tomorrow.
By salem
right oh... thanks will also write a letter of complaint (have to be on my day off Sunday though) maybe if they get a couple of letters of complaint it will help.. fingers crossed hey ;)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]