The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• We all survived the 'Ring'

• Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
 #1633513  by mike
 Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:41 pm
Today has been a fantastic day on the Ring, some very nice cars and about 60% were British!!

We all survived with no accidents - there may have been a few near misses, an RS4 a few inches off my front bumper springs to mind!!

There is now photograhic evidence that the EP3 is quicker than the FN2 in the twisties........ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D - i'll post pics once edited.

Sorry Matt but it had to be said....... :WOOT :WOOT :WOOT
 #1633711  by sk8flex
 Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:24 am
Who´s staying at the Ring until tomorrow evening? I´ll be there tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Oh, here are a few pics for you HET guys... :WOOT

#1633725  by sugarpuff
 Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:46 am
is there a petrol station half way round to fill up??? lol
 #1633999  by evilowl
 Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:33 pm
mikeg wrote:There is now photograhic evidence that the EP3 is quicker than the FN2 in the twisties........ :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D - i'll post pics once edited.

Sorry Matt but it had to be said

Spencer did an 8:59, Matt's FN2 was at least 47 seconds behind us but we didn't see him after the first corner. pwnt :badrazz: :thumbup:

Nice try though
 #1634193  by matt_mansfield_uk
 Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:20 am
Lol Mike... Mate, my fifth lap ever came in at 9:36 mins.

If I remember right your best lap was 10 mins plus. Would have LOVED to race you with me in front... The ONLY reason I didn't take you in the twisties was because I had £19,500 uninsured that I didn't want to write off...

Ask Dean mate, it is now official.. The FN2 IS faster in the twisties. If I'd have been in front mate and not scared of bumping you off the track, you'd have been dust in the rear view mirror. Fact. :-D :WOOT
 #1634213  by Turbo5
 Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:03 am
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:Lol Mike... Mate, my fifth lap ever came in at 9:36 mins.

If I remember right your best lap was 10 mins plus. Would have LOVED to race you with me in front... The ONLY reason I didn't take you in the twisties was because I had £19,500 uninsured that I didn't want to write off...

Ask Dean mate, it is now official.. The FN2 IS faster in the twisties. If I'd have been in front mate and not scared of bumping you off the track, you'd have been dust in the rear view mirror. Fact. :-D :WOOT

Hats off to you for risking your car around the track, the FN2 definitely put up a good show. excellent car,but if it wasn't for all that extra weight you might have actually past a EP3 :lol:
 #1634269  by algreene
 Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:17 am
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:Lol Mike... Mate, my fifth lap ever came in at 9:36 mins.

Theres no way you went round faster than Spencer! No chance at all!!
 #1634293  by paul.goffin
 Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Damn no pics of me on the Ring :sad:

Just to add, I passed an EP3 in my FN2 :wink:
Doesn't mean a lot, the Ring is all down to driver ability and how hard do you want to push it. Especially when you see cars crashed into the Armco like the TVR and Porsche.
 #1634343  by Cat
 Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:20 pm
Can't find any pics of me on that site either.

Soooo glad I did the "Ring" even though I wasn't very sure about it. Definitely a huge highlight of the whole tour! Had me grinning from ear to ear and I'll definitely be going back. :WOOT
 #1634344  by Kingy
 Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 pm
this is me with Mumra (Mark) in the passenger seat. :)
 #1635167  by mumra
 Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm
Kingy wrote:this is me with Mumra (Mark) in the passenger seat. :)

Thats a good pic of the barge mate :cooldude:

I must get an LSD fitted o mine.. you can really notice the difference when it kicks in