The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Cat
I seem to remember someone talking about taking a cool bag to keep drinks etc at a nice chilly temperature (I'm thinking positive here for dry, sunny weather)

I was thinking this could be an idea then realised there would be nowhere to freeze the icebags that go inside.

Did anyone bother with this last year?
By seano
Ms C

I'm taking one and intend to use the hotel fridges to cool the ice blocks every night. I've loads of these from the hospital for the JAE so you're welcome to borrow a couple. I know that Switzerland is very expensive and I'm saving for an intercooler and my father was a Scot.

Seano

PS Although they come from the Pathology department, you don't need to worry as they are used for the deliveries of test reagents etc and have not been near the quiet patients who leave in the big black taxis!
By jasonevans
ROFL at Big Black Taxi's !!
By Cat
I'm over-run with coolbags after transporting the JAE 2006 burgers but thanks for the offer Seano. :wink:

Guess the hotel fridges will chill the bags a bit, good thinking!
By mossta
i never bothered last year, and don't think many others did - Itended to get liquid refreshment at the same time as the car got it's V-Power

Of course, there could be a slight flaw with the refrigeration plan - it will only work if the hotels have fridges in them - not 100% that they all did last year (I can only remember the apartments in Cannes having them).

Think the 2 holiday inn's should, but not sure about the others... guess we'll know soon enough
By sugarpuff
You can buy little fridges that run off cigarette lighter, in halfords, argos places like that
By mossta
assuming you're not charging your laptop / phone / satnav / ipod / radios...

If people have already got them then fine - but it's not something i'd put on my shopping list
By Kingy
Don't say I said, but Lottie and Simon have a fridge in their CTR ;)
By Turbo5
After 2 previous tours packing stuff that you don't need you know whats needed :wink:
I have previously took the kitchen sink not this year, full size spare clothes camera and money. and a few toffees for the car. I buy the drinks every time we fill up at the petrol station, which is a lot.
You are on holiday so spend a little, no point taking 7 packed lunches :-D
if you are that way inclined to save a few pennies fill up on the breakfast and take some stuff with you from the breakfast bar. take a drinks carrier and fill up with juice from the breakfast bar,
Take a flask and fill it up with coffee or tea ,
take the bread and put some bacon on it for lunch,
Take the yogurt pots and cereal bars
By Cat
Are you insinuating I'm a tight Scot! :lol: :lol:

I just thought it would be good to have a few chilled bottles of water in the car, wasn't sure how many stops we'd get inbetween petrol stations.
By algreene
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:I'll rent you all space in me glove box :-D :wink:

Nice one Matt.. I will give you my industrial sized tube of Anusol to keep chilled for me!! :thumbup:
By seano
algreene wrote:
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:I'll rent you all space in me glove box :-D :wink:

Nice one Matt.. I will give you my industrial sized tube of Anusol to keep chilled for me!! :thumbup:
Kindly leave the thread please - we do not need to and nor do we want to know about your own personal ring.

Sean

PS Matt get some Fiery Jack quick!
By algreene
matt_mansfield_uk wrote:lol nice... I'll bring an inflatable donut for you too al :cool:

Top one Matt..

I will be the one walking like a cowboy.. :shock: :lol:
By algreene
Defo after last night kebab! chilli sauce was hot hot hot.. :twisted:
By Superbully
mossta wrote:Of course, there could be a slight flaw with the refrigeration plan - it will only work if the hotels have fridges in them - not 100% that they all did last year (I can only remember the apartments in Cannes having them).
bloody smart rooms they were in cannes :cool: well classy :WOOT

enjoyed cannes muchly :wink:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]