The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Turbo5
Tom Tom and other systems are fantastic Satelite Navigation aids, But like any computerised programme it only does what it's programmed to do, which is: find the quickest route or the shortest route.
Basically this satisfies what 99% of people want it to do , except on this occasion we want it to follow a particular route.
So when planning the route in Autoroute we put in lots of waypoints on the particular roads we want to take.(also I have put the hotels has start and finish points so it should take you directly to the hotel door. The programme ITNConv converts the autoroute waypoints into longitude and latitude cordinates which are then loaded into Tom Tom as an itinerary.Tom Tom then calculates the route and includes these waypoints forcing it to take the roads we have chosen.
Here are some instructions on how to load the ITN into Tom Tom.

Make sure you have backed up a copy of your Tom Tom before trying this.and if you have just bought your tom tom make sure you keep a copy of your registration number and load the software etc.

1) Detach the latest ITN conv files which I sent you onto your desktop.
2)Connect your Tom Tom with the USB cable to your computer
3 )Switch on Tom Tom
4) Your computer will start to read the Tom Tom and the screen on your Tom Tom will tell you to wait.
5) Once it has finished open up my Computer on your PC and find your Tom Tom drive
6)Open Tom Tom in my computer and make the screen half size top right hand corner in between the Minimize and close.
7) Then drag the files off the desktop into the ITN folder
8,) The tom tom will tell you to wait until it downloads these files.
9)Once finished use the safely disconnect hardware icon button in the bottom right corner of your PC screen.
10) Unplug the USB cable from the PC and Tom Tom
11) Switch on Tom Tom.
12) Wait for the splash screen to change to the map
13)Bring up main menu 2 of 2
14) Press itinerary planning
15)Press options
16)Press load itinerary
17) look on the screen for the route you want to load press it (the one you want to use )
18,) Navigate to

NB the route will navigate you from your current location upto the start point. eg I am in Manchester so it will route from Manchester to the start location of the downloaded file then it will follow the route we have loaded.
Here is a website which gives step by step instructions but its in french. but follow the pictures with my instructions if you struggle with the French http://www.webazar.org/tomtomrider/itineraire.php

Hope this helps, give me a shout if you are struggling
By Middle
Catz wrote:OK ...

How do I detach ITN files when I don't seem to have any files? :scratch:
My email just has a load of random numbers and names of places, no attached files ... am I being especially dumb here?
Yeah that happened on my email - I've converted them back to .itn files which you can download below...

http://rapidshare.com/files/39337176/Eu ... 7.zip.html

Three days to go :WOOT
By Turbo5
Middle wrote:
Catz wrote:OK ...

How do I detach ITN files when I don't seem to have any files? :scratch:
My email just has a load of random numbers and names of places, no attached files ... am I being especially dumb here?
Yeah that happened on my email - I've converted them back to .itn files which you can download below...

http://rapidshare.com/files/39337176/Eu ... 7.zip.html

Three days to go :WOOT
Thanks Ben :-D useful for anyone suffering from their email client opening them rather than keeping them as an attachment
By SharkyUK
Just a question for someone more au fait with TomTom satnav than myself... might sound like a dumb question but...

How detailed do I need the European maps? I have the Western European map DVD and they provide several map options...

For example:

- GB
- GB with major roads
- FR
- FR with major roads
- Alps
- Europe*
- etc...

The maps with major roads are a fair chunk larger in size as I imagine they contain a fair bit more data and more road details.

*The Europe install takes 1GB. Would that be sufficient for the trip?! Or would I need the more detailed maps and keep switching between them at border points?! :scratch:

Cheers,
Andy
By mossta
evilowl wrote:Just do Europe mate, my TomTom 710 does door to door throughout Europe and is detailed enough
Agreed - last year i had major roads in Europe - and that was just about good enough (except when we were on minor roads in Europe & it looked like I was going across fields)

So this year i'm taking my dvd, and will load up the different countries the night before,and delete the ones i don't need if space becomes an issue

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]