The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• Convoys down to Dover post here

• Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
 #1595500  by Turbo5
 Sun May 27, 2007 9:55 pm
Northern convoy
They should be quite a few of us who live North of Birmingham.
What I know
Turbo5 & Bro-in-law
Mossy
Algreene & Brother
AMR79 & Davo
ps2Lord5 & Minty_typeR
Catz
seano & lecurie
mrdmferrett
daran & gf
anymore ?

Enough for a 9 car convoy if we can get the timings right on the Friday. Don't want to be waiting for hours at service stations though.
we just need to arrange meeting points on the way down.
 #1595517  by Cat
 Sun May 27, 2007 10:11 pm
I'd be up for a convoy but because I'm sooo far North it's going to be tricky to get my timing right. Traffic jam or/and roadworks and I could totally mess up timings.

However I'll see what you guys suggest. I might make it. :wink:
 #1595547  by mossta
 Sun May 27, 2007 10:49 pm
don't forget i've got other plans for that night

(friend that wants to go to a concert for her b'day present)
 #1595554  by Turbo5
 Sun May 27, 2007 10:56 pm
mossta wrote:don't forget i've got other plans for that night

(friend that wants to go to a concert for her b'day present)

Oh I forgot about that, Villiage People's concert (All guest must wear YMCA costumes) :lol:
so 8 cars now.
You should have invited her on the tour for her birthday, now that would have been a real present
 #1595571  by seano
 Sun May 27, 2007 11:06 pm
I'm hoping that we can agree to leave our usual place at 11 am - I had a run down to Silverstone last week and if things run reasonably right, we should hit Watford Gap around 12.45 - thats plenty of time for fueling for a 1pm departure - still should be in Dover well before 5.

Turbo 5 where's our first fuel stop in France, having just paid my corporation tax I don't want to gift Gordon more than I have to or are you wanting us to be topped off on leaving the ferry?

Seano
 #1595683  by mossta
 Mon May 28, 2007 5:57 am
seano wrote:Turbo 5 where's our first fuel stop in France, having just paid my corporation tax I don't want to gift Gordon more than I have to or are you wanting us to be topped off on leaving the ferry?

Seano

Going by previous tours, everyone max's out this side of the water, so we don't stop for a few hours. Think there might be one not long after we cross over, but not too sure (about 20%)

Anyway -it won't be Gordon's by then - he just gets to choose how to waste it
 #1596120  by Turbo5
 Mon May 28, 2007 3:54 pm
mossta wrote:
seano wrote:Turbo 5 where's our first fuel stop in France, having just paid my corporation tax I don't want to gift Gordon more than I have to or are you wanting us to be topped off on leaving the ferry?

Seano

Going by previous tours, everyone max's out this side of the water, so we don't stop for a few hours. Think there might be one not long after we cross over, but not too sure (about 20%)

Anyway -it won't be Gordon's by then - he just gets to choose how to waste it

I have put a shell service station on the route its 225 miles from Boulogne. or there is one 38 miles after Boulogne
 #1596151  by mike
 Mon May 28, 2007 4:36 pm
We could meet you at the Watford Gap services as we're travelling down the M1.

Could have a mini convoy with Matt from Mansfield if he's still coming.

Thinking of leaving about 11am on the Frday morning so should reach the servies about 12ish
 #1596240  by Turbo5
 Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 pm
mikeg wrote:We could meet you at the Watford Gap services as we're travelling down the M1.

Could have a mini convoy with Matt from Mansfield if he's still coming.

Thinking of leaving about 11am on the Frday morning so should reach the servies about 12ish

Thats what I was thinking the M6 crew can meet the M1 crew at Watford Gap. The M6 crew can meet at Knutsford services
 #1598658  by mike
 Wed May 30, 2007 10:16 pm
Mikeg, sounds good... will have to confirm closer to the time

Definately - Not long to go now and I can't wait
 #1598691  by seano
 Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 pm
Hang for us boys at Watford Gap, I reckon the NW crew should be there about 45 minutes later. Hopefully before then we will have everyones numbers in our phones, so we can give you advance warning of the NW convoy arrival.

We need someone to get a vid of us all arriving at Dartford Tunnel :thumbup:

Seano
 #1598697  by mike
 Wed May 30, 2007 10:57 pm
Hmmm 45 mins does seem like a long wait :wink: maybe push the time of leaving to 11:30 :smile:

Is there anyone else travelling the majority of the way down the M1?
 #1598805  by Coxy1984
 Thu May 31, 2007 8:04 am
seano wrote:Hang for us boys at Watford Gap, I reckon the NW crew should be there about 45 minutes later. Hopefully before then we will have everyones numbers in our phones, so we can give you advance warning of the NW convoy arrival.

We need someone to get a vid of us all arriving at Dartford Tunnel :thumbup:

Seano

Won't you be going over the bridge though?? as tunnel serves northbound and bridge southbound. Or have I just read that all wrong?
 #1598918  by seano
 Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 am
Too true, I don't often go that way round London (must be 15 years), normally I'm an M5/M40 guy.

Or did I mean on the way back?

Seano
 #1599539  by kickboxing boo
 Thu May 31, 2007 7:35 pm
Hi Girlies and boyz and david....
Craig here (evilow'ls bitch for the week)

David let us both know what time your down roughly to Dover as you probably know we're going earlier than planned !!

Craig.
 #1599580  by Turbo5
 Thu May 31, 2007 8:04 pm
kickboxing boo wrote:Hi Girlies and boyz and david....
Craig here (evilow'ls bitch for the week)

David let us both know what time your down roughly to Dover as you probably know we're going earlier than planned !!

Craig.

Yes I am aware, don't tell Middle about your new method of crossing the channel, he will be sick :pukel: with jealousy

We should be in Dover about 5pm on the Friday night
 #1600460  by Kingy
 Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:28 pm
Turbo5 wrote:Yes I am aware, don't tell Middle about your new method of crossing the channel, he will be sick :pukel: with jealousy

Honda equivilent of James Bond's Espirit? :cooldude:

On water ski's behind a Sunseeker? :thumbup:

Hanging underneath a Chinnock Helicopter? :scratch:

Eurotunnel :WOOT