The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Turbo5
kickboxing boo wrote:Hi all, Have thrown some idea's at David.
After being on the previous 2 trips, you get a idea of how different groups form. As a group last year, people were having more fun as the week went on.... after the shy ones came out of their shells and the drunk ones sobered up.... Something like that anyway. I think maybe when we're in Dijon the first nigh,t when everyone is together we all should maybe have a name tag or forum name badge given to each person. So you can call everyone on first name terms straight away. I know that the majority of the group is travelling on the ferry on sat morning, however don't think an hour is long enough to memorise peoples names.

Boo's idea being a teacher. For the later part of the week as groups start to form, could be to mix things up. Put all drivers names in a hat the night before and pull
names out for the groups for the next day. Whether it be groups of 3 or 4.

Another idea is to introduce yourself to a stranger in the group using an interesting fact about yourself. For example, I won a wet t-shirt contest. :WOOT
Excellent idea Craig, Pity there isn't enough females to throw the car keys into a hat :twisted: only joking before anybody thinks I am a perf :oops: :liar:
Anybody any other ideas on how to break the ice ?
By seano
Turbo5 wrote:
kickboxing boo wrote:Hi all, Have thrown some idea's at David.
After being on the previous 2 trips, you get a idea of how different groups form. As a group last year, people were having more fun as the week went on.... after the shy ones came out of their shells and the drunk ones sobered up.... Something like that anyway. I think maybe when we're in Dijon the first nigh,t when everyone is together we all should maybe have a name tag or forum name badge given to each person. So you can call everyone on first name terms straight away. I know that the majority of the group is travelling on the ferry on sat morning, however don't think an hour is long enough to memorise peoples names.

Boo's idea being a teacher. For the later part of the week as groups start to form, could be to mix things up. Put all drivers names in a hat the night before and pull
names out for the groups for the next day. Whether it be groups of 3 or 4.

Another idea is to introduce yourself to a stranger in the group using an interesting fact about yourself. For example, I won a wet t-shirt contest. :WOOT
Excellent idea Craig, Pity there isn't enough females to throw the car keys into a hat :twisted: only joking before anybody thinks I am a perf :oops: :liar:
Anybody any other ideas on how to break the ice ?
Don't try to force it? We are all grown ups with a common interest, so it will happen anyway. It's not like its freshers week at Spunkbridge Uni.

Sean
By Cat
seano wrote:
Don't try to force it? We are all grown ups with a common interest, so it will happen anyway. It's not like its freshers week at Spunkbridge Uni.

Sean
Oh I dunno Seano ... The "My name is ........ and I see my name as an acronym of ...." could go down a storm :wink:

C ... Catty
A ... Analytical
T ... Timid :oops:

:lol:
By salem
seano wrote: Don't try to force it? We are all grown ups with a common interest, so it will happen anyway. It's not like its freshers week at Spunkbridge Uni.

Sean
I agree..
By seano
Timid is not a word I would associate with you Mrs C! Whilst there is no F in Catz (for feisty) - there is!

I suspect there will be a couple of groups i.e the old hands at the HET, the NW group plus friends (ie JAE 2006 attendee's) and others. All we need to do is sort out the latter.

Is there definately no chance of me playing your scurillous "Uncle" on the the Promenade Des Anglais ? I'd be willing to purchase a straw boater and practice Terry Thomas lines on Lecurie on the way down.

Mind you, I still have to learn the italian bits of 'On Days Like These'.

Seano
By Cat
There may be a chance of playing "Uncle Seano" yet :wink:

I'll PM you tomorrow as I may need a "chambre de Seano" .... maybe ... just thinking of my amount of driving so might pop by for a 10 hour snooze

As you do! :-D
By seano
I'll make space for your basket and put out one of those scratch poles and a litter tray! - I've got to protect the soft furnishings you know! If you like, I could get the Mosizlak gargoyle down and put it on the tray to give you something to play with.

Alternatively, now I've got rid of my American infestation and re-made the beds, you can have one of those.

Seano
By kickboxing boo
Hi all each to their own hey...
Just after being on previous trips you generally get people naturally form groups ie all the northern lot/southern....etc etc

Just idea"s to make the trip more of everything for (everyone) ...

Kickboxingboo.
By salem
kickboxing boo wrote:Hi all each to their own hey...
Just after being on previous trips you generally get people naturally form groups ie all the northern lot/southern....etc etc

Kickboxingboo.
God help me then I'll be in no mans land (or in my case no womans land) as I've lived up North down South and in the Midlands.. and well living in Wales now probably means no bugger will speak to me lol
By seano
kickboxing boo wrote:Hi all each to their own hey...

Kickboxingboo.

Don't worry Boo - it will all work out. We'll bring down some bananas and I'll distribute some Catherine Tate & East Enders DVD's at Oulton for our lot to practice with. I may even try to teach them the Lambeth Walk during the Pit Lane Walkabout. If you could arrange stabling for our whippets, a repository for our flat caps and final northern english fried breakfast of tripe and black pudding at the Best Western, well that would be reet gradely :thumbup:

Salem, you and Sharky bring some of your finest mud - apparently it's good! We can all throw it at the French!

Seano
By Turbo5
seano wrote:

Salem, you and Sharky bring some of your finest mud - apparently it's good! We can all throw it at the French!

Seano
Now, now no French bashing we have 3 French people on the tour :-D and considering the amount of time I spend in France I must be half French by now. plus I am a French civil servant (and I am not joking) the company I work for is 55% owned by the French government.and I have worked for them over 18 years
so has the French would say ''tu m-emmerder'' :lol: in true Ricky Tomlison voice.
At work we have lots of fun with the French/English jokes, they call us rost beuf because we go pink in the sun and we call them frogs legs. then we start arguing about football, we usually lose that one, then rugby and we lose that one also. so we try to steer clear of sport.
:
By seano
I've always thought the 'animosity' was down to jealousy - their foods better (mostly) , their weathers better, their countryside is better and their clothes are better. When ever I used to land at CDG after night flights back from JFK, I could never get over how even the airport cleaners managed to look so chic and interesting. The flying on up to Manchester and soon realising that its a damp grey dump, staffed with people who clearly wish that they weren't there.

Perhaps we should detour to Belgium?

Seano
By Turbo5
seano wrote:I've always thought the 'animosity' was down to jealousy - their foods better (mostly) , their weathers better, their countryside is better and their clothes are better. When ever I used to land at CDG after night flights back from JFK, I could never get over how even the airport cleaners managed to look so chic and interesting. The flying on up to Manchester and soon realising that its a damp grey dump, staffed with people who clearly wish that they weren't there.

Perhaps we should detour to Belgium?

Seano
And their holidays are better, They have a month off in August and various holidays and name days. I will most probably retire there one day. my favourite region within my price range is an area called Lot

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]