The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Last years installment of the Euro Tour!
By Turbo5
Essential packing list
1 Passports
2 Ferry booking receipt number
3 Insurance documents (check that you have fully comp abroad) some only offer 3rd party when abroad
4 Driving license photo and paper
5 V5 log book
6 MOT if you need one
7 Car brake down recovery (European)
8 Warning triangle
9 High vis jackets for you and your passenger
10 Spare bulb kit
11 first aid kit is only law in Austria
12 Headlight converters
13 GB sticker or Eurpean style license plate
14 Personal travel insurance or minimum of EHIC free health insurance in europe
15 Sat nav and/or maps
16 Cash and Credit/debit card, you will need mainly Euro's and some Swiss Francs
By kickboxing boo
HI ALL

As davids thread (essentail bits and peces for the trip)

I can get high vis jackets/ tabards if anyone needs them, you and the passenger will need one.
Of course i could get these at less than retail price so i thought i could help anyone who may need such items.
Please pm with any interest.
Anybody also wanting a t shirt polo type with a euro tour motif for this year can get these done also at good prices.
14 working days cant wait.......

cheers all pm please with any intresest
By minty_type-r
Roughly how much money would you say we need. I know in the past you had to pay for all your food but just after a rough amount for spending money but not including fuel.

Cheers

Mark
By Turbo5
minty_type-r wrote:Roughly how much money would you say we need. I know in the past you had to pay for all your food but just after a rough amount for spending money but not including fuel.

Cheers

Mark
You need to pay for your lunches plus all the food in Baden Baden and I am not too sure about the hotel in Martigny since we have swapped hotels. whether its half board or not.
You also need money for the tolls about £30- £40 should be fine per car. Then the Nurburgring lap fee's. Obviously you wont need any money for speeding fines as you will be driving sensibly, but if you happened to slightly go over the limit the fines are on the spot. I don't think they take cheques or credit cards. You will also need some money for the Friday night in Dover, (Meal plus drinks)
Besides that the only money you need are for presents and drinks at night. I just take my debit card and credit card and pay with that. but I also have about 200 -300 euros
By Turbo5
kickboxing boo wrote:HI ALL

As davids thread (essentail bits and peces for the trip)

I can get high vis jackets/ tabards if anyone needs them, you and the passenger will need one.
Of course i could get these at less than retail price so i thought i could help anyone who may need such items.
Please pm with any interest.
Anybody also wanting a t shirt polo type with a euro tour motif for this year can get these done also at good prices.
14 working days cant wait.......

cheers all pm please with any intresest
If you can get enough interests in the t shirts polo's put me down for a XL one. I already have the high vis jackets from last year but thanks for the offers, Can you give a rough price for the Polo shirits
By -=Stella Artois=-
Turbo5 wrote:Then the Nurburgring lap fee's. Obviously you wont need any money for speeding fines as you will be driving sensibly, but if you happened to slightly go over the limit the fines are on the spot. I don't think they take cheques or credit cards.
Don't know your route, but careful if you hit Belgium as they are on the spot fines - can't pay and they impound ya car. Germany HAS got speed limits - even on the authbahns. A common misconception, over 135kph and your insurance is invalid in Germany, so be careful peeps. One last thing, its worth ensuring that your insurance covers you for the Nurburgring as if you have an off, you have to pay for the damage to the barriers - before you leave!
Forewarned is forearmed. Have a great trip guys.
By Kingy
Sadly my insurance DOES NOT cover the Ring so I'll be driving Miss Daisy :( but on a good note the ATR HID's have a flat beam pattern so do not need to be diverted = more ring tokens :)
By Turbo5
Kingy wrote:( but on a good note the ATR HID's have a flat beam pattern so do not need to be diverted = more ring tokens :)
My car has HIDS how do I tell if they have a flat beam pattern ? I thought the light needs to beam to the left hand side otherwise your car will fail the MOT.
The stickers are only a couple of £'s from Halfrauds
By Kingy
Turbo5 wrote:
Kingy wrote:( but on a good note the ATR HID's have a flat beam pattern so do not need to be diverted = more ring tokens :)
My car has HIDS how do I tell if they have a flat beam pattern ? I thought the light needs to beam to the left hand side otherwise your car will fail the MOT.
The stickers are only a couple of £'s from Halfrauds

Be careful when sticking diverters on HID's mate. they get mighty hot!

If you park facing a wall, a normal light pattern lifts up on the left hand side (so lights up more of the nearside than the off side) its this bit that needs to be "blocked" by the sticker. On the ATR the pattern is flat (and explains the slightly crap headlights :lol: )

It actually took me 4 phone calls to different dealers and HUK to find someone that knew what he was talking about.
By jasonevans
Being a little bit of a techie , can I also remind people that they may need tapes and memory cards for there Cameras and vid cameras, oh , and also batteries !!

Well , you don't wanna get there and discover that you run out of space on your memory cards do you now !!

Amazon and ebay are doing some great deals on 2GB SD Cards atm, I just got a 2GB SD Card for under £12 inc postage and packing, for that price it might be worth getting 2.

Also , some of you may want to bring an inverter to charge your goodies :thumbup:

Hope this helps and see you all on the tour :-D :lol: :thumbup:
By kickboxing boo
Hi all have some idea now on costs for t shirts....

As follows black or white round neck t shirt with eurotour logo £9.00

Or polo style t shirt with same as above £10.00

LOgo will either be an outline of the nurburgring OR an outline of europe., with eurotour inside the outlined area.

Also availiable High vis jackets at £6.00

I am currently on hear as (kickboxingboo) you can also mail me on [email protected]
Not long now................
By algreene
Hi mate.. can you do the t-shirts in like xxl or xxxl???

yes we are big and fat!! :lol: :lol:
By lecurie
algreene wrote:Hi mate.. can you do the t-shirts in like xxl or xxxl???

yes we are big and fat!! :lol: :lol:
Good question Al!
By Turbo5
I have just ordered some decent driving sunglasses, last year I took my Oakley copies, they were either too dark when driving in normal conditions or not strong enough when in bright sunlight.
I have just ordered some Serengeti Stratus Titanium Metal Polarized Sunglasses. hope they are ok. I am not bothered about how they look more how they perform
By Kingy
Turbo5 wrote:I have just ordered some decent driving sunglasses, last year I took my Oakley copies, they were either too dark when driving in normal conditions or not strong enough when in bright sunlight.
I have just ordered some Serengeti Stratus Titanium Metal Polarized Sunglasses. hope they are ok. I am not bothered about how they look more how they perform

I shall be sproting my £20 Marks and Spencer sunnies. Had them for 5 years and can't drive in anything else. They are the only glasses with zero lens effect. Otherwise I end up with a banging headache.
have tried all sorts of brands and all have the same effect. to the extent that I have about 6 spare pairs in a box somewhere!!!
By Turbo5
Kingy wrote:
Turbo5 wrote:I have just ordered some decent driving sunglasses, last year I took my Oakley copies, they were either too dark when driving in normal conditions or not strong enough when in bright sunlight.

I shall be sproting my £20 Marks and Spencer sunnies. Had them for 5 years and can't drive in anything else. They are the only glasses with zero lens effect. Otherwise I end up with a banging headache.
have tried all sorts of brands and all have the same effect. to the extent that I have about 6 spare pairs in a box somewhere!!!
My Oakley copies give a lens effect of things being a further distance away when you looking at something close.
By seano
Whilst talking of glasses, I seem to recall if you wear prescription lenses you must have a second pair (by law) when driving in France.

Seano
By jasonevans
Fantastic, Now I've got to book an optionment with the optician as well as I have not got a spare pair, oh well , another morning off work :???:

Glad ya told me, thanks for the heads up
By Coxy1984
seano wrote:Whilst talking of glasses, I seem to recall if you wear prescription lenses you must have a second pair (by law) when driving in France.

Seano
I do hope that doesn't count with Contact lenses? I will be bringing a spare set incase they rip (monthly''s) but haven't seen my glasses for years now :vconf:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]