The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By m1ke
Thoughts?

I'm a bit on the fence... Does he deserve the treatment he's received?
By J
I am with you mike. I hate football and football players universally. Would I like to see him playing football..............well I also dont like Boy George and what did he spend time in prison for, yet he is out and producing music left right and center.

One rule for one and one for another?
By TimEP3
He's destroyed the life of a young girl. She's had to change her identity 5 times and couldn't spend Xmas with her family.

Does he deserve to earn thousands a week again, while playing professional football?

Does he deserve to serve just 2.5 years in jail?

He's never even apologised. His family and friends run a website which open slates the victim and offers rewards to anyone who will come forward with information which paints his victim in a bad light. Is this acceptable?

And just because a previous crime was not punished properly, that's no reason or justification for them not to start properly prosecuting from now on.
By danneth
Being a pig, I'd love to hate him, the whole case had flaws in it from the start, the girl in question well... do some reading.

At the end of the day he's done his time as set by the British Justice system, so what is he meant to do now not seek employment?

What I don't get is that there is more being made of this when there has been far worse crimes committed by footballers who went straight back into football.

As long as he doesn't end up back at the Blunts I don't really care what he does.
By Wullie_trd
I think it's a bit pathetic.

I mean the whole point in early release is so people can integrate themselves back into society, how can you possibly do that if you can't be allowed to work.
By jtc
danneth wrote:there has been far worse crimes committed by footballers who went straight back into football
Curious, what's far worse than rape?
By m1ke
I'm not sure what's worse, having sex with a girl who (let's be honest) probably consented at the time (and regretted it afterwards) or sleeping with a team mates girlfriend?

He's done his time, let him get on with his life...

TimEP3 wrote:Does he deserve to earn thousands a week again, while playing professional football?
Why does his profession matter? If he was stacking shelves in Tesco, would he not be able to do that again either?
TimEP3 wrote: Does he deserve to serve just 2.5 years in jail?
That was the sentence given to him, he's served it. Failings of the British justice system are not his fault.[/quote]
By danneth
jtc wrote:
danneth wrote:there has been far worse crimes committed by footballers who went straight back into football
Curious, what's far worse than rape?
Killing a 10 and 8 year old brothers while drink driving at 100mph, of course all imo

Not a single feck was given when he came back to football, but some how Ched is being made out to be some kind of monster.
By J@mes
Profession :lol:

Boy needs to get real and look for work like every other rapist would when they get out the clink.
By Wullie_trd
J@mes wrote:Profession :lol:

Boy needs to get real and look for work like every other rapist would when they get out the clink.

That's what he's trying to do, but the media witch hunt won't let it be.
By Wullie_trd
J@mes wrote:I mean REAL work not football.

I don't see what difference it makes what employment he seeks, he's played football since leaving school why would he not Continue to do so ??

Also if he makes good money playing football he pays more tax therefore helping fund the fantastic prison service we have in this country.

:???:
By dannyhall
Footballers are role models for millions of kids... He's one very bad example to be setting to the impressionable children in our society.

Personally I dont think he should play again but thats just my opinion. Im a nurse and if I get arrested/cautioned I lose my job - depending on the crime, no questions asked bye bye.

At least hes now released a statement sort of apologising..
By Wullie_trd
dannyhall wrote:Footballers are role models for millions of kids... He's one very bad example to be setting to the impressionable children in our society.

Personally I dont think he should play again but thats just my opinion. Im a nurse and if I get arrested/cautioned I lose my job - depending on the crime, no questions asked bye bye.

At least hes now released a statement sort of apologising..

OMG ........ Of course all the impressionable kids in society will want to be rapists just like their bestest footballer ched!

Thanks for the laugh... But please stop my sides are hurting :rotflmao:
By J@mes
They are role models to younger kids unfortunately. That doesn't mean they copy everything but it doesn't set the best example does it?

He doesn't deserve the money football brings, I think that's half the argument really.
By Wullie_trd
dutch wrote:Would you let Rolf back in the cartoon club to finger bang all the kids? I thought not.

He can work cleaning up dog Shite.

No ....... But micheal Jackson still had a career after filling the kids up with Jesus juice and finger blasting them.

Then there is also 2pac who also went on to continue his career after doing time for sexual assault.
By 160mph_boy
Never even heard of him until now lel!!! but with tons of people signing online petitions against him returning to football will put many clubs off wanting him anyway.
By J@mes
Wullie_trd wrote:
dutch wrote:Would you let Rolf back in the cartoon club to finger bang all the kids? I thought not.

He can work cleaning up dog Shite.

No ....... But micheal Jackson still had a career after filling the kids up with Jesus juice and finger blasting them.

Then there is also 2pac who also went on to continue his career after doing time for sexual assault.
Why don't you sign him if you want his rim so bad?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]