The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By jtc
TimEP3 wrote:The highest paid player in the NFL has recently signed a 7 year deal worth £84m. That's £12m per year, or £250,000 per week. That's roughly the same as the highest paid footballers get.
Yep, but the pot is fixed (to a point). At least money is either fixed on a per-player maximum, or the size of the pot that can be spent. EPL is just spend-what-you-can.
By jtc
m1ke wrote:Haven't you heard of FFP? It's not just spend what you want.
Yeah, but it merely seeks to limit salary growth. The kicker there is commercial deals = any extra money brought in by sponsorship can go straight on the wage bill.
By J@mes
m1ke wrote:
Superman001 wrote:
J@mes wrote:Football fans can't help but get defensive over players :lol: not one footballer deserves the money they get, it's fucking disgusting. So to be in that position after you've raped someone is a piss take.

Couldn't agree more, none of them deserve 100k+ a week. A doctor who is saving lives or the people who defend our country are much more deserving of that sort of money.
Always makes me laugh this POV. Why don't they deserve it? Footballers are entertainers.

Does George Clooney deserve his wages? Does Lewis Hamilton? Elton John? Shall I go on?

Top end entertainers get paid lots of money, Premier League footballers are top end entertainers.
Not really, everyone you mentioned is a cunt :lol:
Put yourself on the slab in a hospital and tell me that surgeon shouldnt be on more money than Wayne Rooney that can barely even string two words together. Anyone can kick a ball around. ANYONE.
By J
As someone who has spent a ridiculous amount of time in hospitals then anything hospital over anything football.

Unfortunately football produce more revenue than anything hospital.
By J@mes
TimEP3 wrote:That's the most idiotic argument of all time, though.

If you want to go full moron on the debate, anyone could cut you up and have a go at mending bits.
:lol: riiiiiiggghht.

You struggle to kick a ball then do you?
By m1ke
J@mes wrote:
m1ke wrote:
Superman001 wrote:
J@mes wrote:Football fans can't help but get defensive over players :lol: not one footballer deserves the money they get, it's fucking disgusting. So to be in that position after you've raped someone is a piss take.

Couldn't agree more, none of them deserve 100k+ a week. A doctor who is saving lives or the people who defend our country are much more deserving of that sort of money.
Always makes me laugh this POV. Why don't they deserve it? Footballers are entertainers.

Does George Clooney deserve his wages? Does Lewis Hamilton? Elton John? Shall I go on?

Top end entertainers get paid lots of money, Premier League footballers are top end entertainers.
Not really, everyone you mentioned is a c**t :lol:
Put yourself on the slab in a hospital and tell me that surgeon shouldnt be on more money than Wayne Rooney that can barely even string two words together. Anyone can kick a ball around. ANYONE.
Not sure if srs....
By J@mes
Deadly. I don't see the issue? Surgeons deserve more than footballers.
By TimEP3
J@mes wrote:
TimEP3 wrote:That's the most idiotic argument of all time, though.

If you want to go full moron on the debate, anyone could cut you up and have a go at mending bits.
:lol: riiiiiiggghht.

You struggle to kick a ball then do you?
What are you talking about?

Do you disagree with my statement? It's as accurate as your "anyone can kick a ball around" statement. That the man on the street couldn't properly perform surgery is irrelevant. The man on the street couldn't play football to the required standard of top level football, either.
By J@mes
:lol: it doesn't even nearly compare.

You could at least go on the pitch with the Man U team and play to some standard providing you're not a full retard.

Now how about having a slice at that patient to the required standard? You wouldn't even know where to start and that's after you stopped spewing up and passing out.
By TimEP3
J@mes wrote::lol: it doesn't even nearly compare.

You could at least go on the pitch with the Man U team and play to some standard providing you're not a full retard.

Now how about having a slice at that patient to the required standard? You wouldn't even know where to start and that's after you stopped spewing up and passing out.
Ah, the overuse of the smiley. Never was there a truer indication of moron.

Footballers earn their employer millions of pounds. Football teams are multi-billion pound industries. Footballers are rewarded handsomely for their abilities. As football clubs have generated higher and higher revenues, and tv deals have become more and more exorbitant, so too have footballers' wages increased in line with that.

Surgeons earn their employer no pounds. Surgeons are also rewarded handsomely for their abilities.

Only an idiot can't see the difference. You're the living proof of that.
By Superman001
J@mes wrote:Deadly. I don't see the issue? Surgeons deserve more than footballers.

If football didn't exist it wouldn't have any impact on my life but if I needed a life saving operation I think I would need a surgeon and not an 'entertainer'. Footballers don't deserve their 100k + a week wage, end of discussion.
By J@mes
Football fans going be football fans.
By J@mes
TimEP3 wrote:
J@mes wrote::lol: it doesn't even nearly compare.

Ah, the overuse of the smiley. Never was there a truer indication of moron.

Footballers earn their employer millions of pounds. Football teams are multi-billion pound industries. Footballers are rewarded handsomely for their abilities. As football clubs have generated higher and higher revenues, and tv deals have become more and more exorbitant, so too have footballers' wages increased in line with that.

Surgeons earn their employer no pounds. Surgeons are also rewarded handsomely for their abilities.

Only an idiot can't see the difference. You're the living proof of that.
I understand your point with regards to revenue.

I think the vast majority of none football fans and potentially a good chunk of fans would agree with my statement also.

I'm guessing you're one of those that puts aside everything for football though, so it's like talking to a tin of treacle tbh.
By 160mph_boy
Some of the comments in this debate argument are retarded as f-ck!

"Anyone can kick a ball around" might top the lot :lol:
By TimEP3
No, it's nothing to do with being a die-hard football fan or anything like that. It's simple economics. Supply and demand.

Footballers are in high demand from multi-billion pound organisations, for whom they can generate huge profits. Supply of footballers at the top level is particularly short, therefore those who have the ability to perform at the elite level are richly rewarded.

The same can be said of actors, singers, sportsmen of a multitude of other varieties, and so on.

Whether they "deserve" it is simply a matter of opinion. There's no doubt that what a surgeon can do is more worthy, or noble, but that's not what's being talked about.

Reverse the thought process - why would a footballer, who has the ability to change games at the highest level, thus earning his employer millions/billions of pounds over the duration of his career, not deserve to be rewarded with a percentage of the employer's enormous revenue?
By Superman001
TimEP3 wrote:No, it's nothing to do with being a die-hard football fan or anything like that. It's simple economics. Supply and demand.

Footballers are in high demand from multi-billion pound organisations, for whom they can generate huge profits. Supply of footballers at the top level is particularly short, therefore those who have the ability to perform at the elite level are richly rewarded.

The same can be said of actors, singers, sportsmen of a multitude of other varieties, and so on.

Whether they "deserve" it is simply a matter of opinion. There's no doubt that what a surgeon can do is more worthy, or noble, but that's not what's being talked about.

Reverse the thought process - why would a footballer, who has the ability to change games at the highest level, thus earning his employer millions/billions of pounds over the duration of his career, not deserve to be rewarded with a percentage of the employer's enormous revenue?
Yes they should be rewarded a little for earning their employers millions but anything over 100k a year is undeserved. They should be playing because they enjoy the game not because they want to be millionaires.
By jtc
Superman001 wrote:
TimEP3 wrote:No, it's nothing to do with being a die-hard football fan or anything like that. It's simple economics. Supply and demand.

Yes they should be rewarded a little for earning their employers millions but anything over 100k a year is undeserved. They should be playing because they enjoy the game not because they want to be millionaires.
My view is similar, but a bit more extreme. The surgeons, doctors, police, firemen, leading edge scientists etc should be the role models for kids and their future aspirations. Not the partially retarded footballer who just happens to be able to float a football 40yds into the top corner.

I don't think football is to blame, but kids want "stuff" that costs money = they aspire to have loads of money = they idolise footballers who are mostly (trying not to generalise!) school dropouts.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]