The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By dutch
Footballers get paid for their talent, simples. And the more shirts they sell the bigger their contract. Same in any industry.

Full lol at the footballer vs surgeon argument :roflmao:
By 160mph_boy
dutch wrote:
Full lol at the footballer vs surgeon argument :roflmao:
I'm with ya all the way on that dude :lol:
By J@mes
I don't see what's to lol at really. Yes the two professions couldn't be further apart. But what's more deserving of 100k+ a week? Someone saving lives and improving quality of life or some retard that struggles to stretch a sentence together at the end of the game other than "I think we played really well".

I went to see sheffield Wednesday a few times last season and couldn't help thinking how sh-t they were :lol: it's not just them though even the team they're playing look like amateurs and these people are on what? Up to 10k a week shall we say? That's what's lol.

Who said Ctro was quiet? :lol:
By Superman001
jtc wrote:
Superman001 wrote:
TimEP3 wrote:No, it's nothing to do with being a die-hard football fan or anything like that. It's simple economics. Supply and demand.

Footballers are in high demand from multi-billion pound organisations, for whom they can generate huge profits. Supply of footballers at the top level is particularly short, therefore those who have the ability to perform at the elite level are richly rewarded.

The same can be said of actors, singers, sportsmen of a multitude of other varieties, and so on.

Whether they "deserve" it is simply a matter of opinion. There's no doubt that what a surgeon can do is more worthy, or noble, but that's not what's being talked about.

Reverse the thought process - why would a footballer, who has the ability to change games at the highest level, thus earning his employer millions/billions of pounds over the duration of his career, not deserve to be rewarded with a percentage of the employer's enormous revenue?
Yes they should be rewarded a little for earning their employers millions but anything over 100k a year is undeserved. They should be playing because they enjoy the game not because they want to be millionaires.
My view is similar, but a bit more extreme. The surgeons, doctors, police, firemen, leading edge scientists etc should be the role models for kids and their future aspirations. Not the partially retarded footballer who just happens to be able to float a football 40yds into the top corner.

I don't think football is to blame, but kids want "stuff" that costs money = they aspire to have loads of money = they idolise footballers who are mostly (trying not to generalise!) school dropouts.
I agree with you, kids should aspire to be fireman, doctors, scientists, soldiers etc. It's a shame that they look upto people who's only skill is to kick a ball about slightly better than a Sunday league team.

I wish I got paid more to serve my country but I know that won't happen, not because I don't deserve it but because it's not considered 'entertainment'.
By 160mph_boy
Professional footballers at the top tier and even below, do it for the love and passion they have for the game, and will have done so from a very young age!!

If their main goal from the beginning was seeing it as wanting to be a millionaire, they would never have made it to where they currently are, fact.

Of course they play because they enjoy the game.

kids just love to play football in general... you don't see many playing wannabe surgeons or scientists :lol: they/majority will see that as boring :sleeping:

Also professional football requires a hell of a lot more than just being able to kick a ball about! there is quite a high level of intelligence required into reading the game and opponents.
By J@mes
A high level of intelligence to not manage one shot on target in 90 minutes against Southampton. I think you'd best get to old Trafford and give the team a grilling :lol:
By Superman001
Some footballers can't even get a shot on target in 90 minutes yet you seem to think they have a high level of intelligence and deserve 100k or more a week. Personally I think if a footballer expects that weekly paycheck and they turn up 1 minute late for training they should be sacked and replaced by another player who is 'deeply passionate' about the game.
Last edited by Superman001 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Superman001
Facepalm because I don't respect passionate 'rapey' footballers that have a high level of intelligence :lol:
By J@mes
And who are more important to society than doctors and surgeons :lol:
By Superman001
:WOOT
Last edited by Superman001 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By smartie
Binmen, baristas, cake shop owners, computer games programmers and breweries are more important to me than doctors or surgeons. :salut:
By Superman001
Potatoes are going potate.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]