The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By TimEP3
m1ke wrote:I'm not sure what's worse, having sex with a girl who (let's be honest) probably consented at the time (and regretted it afterwards) or sleeping with a team mates girlfriend?

He's done his time, let him get on with his life...
Why does his profession matter? If he was stacking shelves in Tesco, would he not be able to do that again either?
That was the sentence given to him, he's served it. Failings of the British justice system are not his fault
Re Tesco: possibly not, as they may not want a convicted rapist on their payroll. That he's a talented footballer shouldn't sway the opinion of the businesses who would seek to employ him. As stated by someone else, even if he was the best nurse/doctor in the hospital, he'd be sacked and that would be the end of it. Why should being a good footballer make it easier to live your life after raping someone?

I'm not blaming Ched for the failings of the British justice system. You asked did he "deserve" the treatment he's getting, so i asked about what he might have "deserved" as a punishment for his crime.

As for the "probably consented at the time", a jury, who heard all the facts of the case, found otherwise. I don't understand why people like us, who know virtually nothing by comparison, seem fit to find contrary to their opinion. And, given that the girl was so drunk she could barely stand, she's then, by law, too drunk to have consented.
By danneth
TimEP3 wrote:
m1ke wrote:I'm not sure what's worse, having sex with a girl who (let's be honest) probably consented at the time (and regretted it afterwards) or sleeping with a team mates girlfriend?

He's done his time, let him get on with his life...
Why does his profession matter? If he was stacking shelves in Tesco, would he not be able to do that again either?
That was the sentence given to him, he's served it. Failings of the British justice system are not his fault
Re Tesco: possibly not, as they may not want a convicted rapist on their payroll. That he's a talented footballer shouldn't sway the opinion of the businesses who would seek to employ him. As stated by someone else, even if he was the best nurse/doctor in the hospital, he'd be sacked and that would be the end of it. Why should being a good footballer make it easier to live your life after raping someone?

I'm not blaming Ched for the failings of the British justice system. You asked did he "deserve" the treatment he's getting, so i asked about what he might have "deserved" as a punishment for his crime.

As for the "probably consented at the time", a jury, who heard all the facts of the case, found otherwise. I don't understand why people like us, who know virtually nothing by comparison, seem fit to find contrary to their opinion. And, given that the girl was so drunk she could barely stand, she's then, by law, too drunk to have consented.
Could she hardly stand though? take a look for yourself

http://chedevans.com/judge-for-yourself

So she gets out of the taxi on her own, remembers to close the door, walks in without falling or looking even that drunk, goes back out on her own bends down grabs the pizza and comes back in, again does it look like she can barely stand? I'm not saying we know all the facts but really where does " she could barely stand" come from?
By TimEP3
I'm taking it from the fact she sprained her ankle that evening, as reported in the court case.

I've been absolutely drunk beyond belief on occasions, got a taxi home, got out of it, walked into the house, etc etc. Hell, i've even been to takeaways, ordered food, woke up with it beside me and had no recollection of the whole event. Does that mean, just because i was able to do these things, that i wasn't too drunk to make sensible decisions? Or, if i was in the position of the rape victim, that i'd have been sober enough to consent to having sex?

Regardless, i think we're digressing somewhat here.
By danneth
TimEP3 wrote:I'm taking it from the fact she sprained her ankle that evening, as reported in the court case.

I've been absolutely drunk beyond belief on occasions, got a taxi home, got out of it, walked into the house, etc etc. Hell, i've even been to takeaways, ordered food, woke up with it beside me and had no recollection of the whole event. Does that mean, just because i was able to do these things, that i wasn't too drunk to make sensible decisions? Or, if i was in the position of the rape victim, that i'd have been sober enough to consent to having sex?

As I say my point is did she really look like a girl who could barely stand?

I'm sure many things could be debated about the case but he was found guilty that's the bottom line, the only thing I have a problem with now, is the mob rule and the circus that the media create around it, I don't get why this was done for Ched and not the others who again were just as bad / worse imo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30742947
By TimEP3
Danneth, you realise you're just pretty much reiterating Ched's stance on things, and the comments by him/his website?

It's not "mob rule" for the public to have strong opinions about their club paying a convicted rapist to play for them. Clubs are, by their very nature, a public thing. That's how they portray themselves, as symbols of the community etc. They look for local sponsorship in order to keep them afloat. They need members of the local community to support them, attend their matches, pay their entry fee, so why should the local people not have an opinion on the matter?

Put it like this: you take your son/daughter to the football and every opposition fan (or even your own fans, should your club sign him) boo Ched Evans. "Why do they all boo him, Daddy?". How do you fancy explaining that to your child?
By danneth
TimEP3 wrote:Danneth, you realise you're just pretty much reiterating Ched's stance on things, and the comments by him/his website?

It's not "mob rule" for the public to have strong opinions about their club paying a convicted rapist to play for them. Clubs are, by their very nature, a public thing. That's how they portray themselves, as symbols of the community etc. They look for local sponsorship in order to keep them afloat. They need members of the local community to support them, attend their matches, pay their entry fee, so why should the local people not have an opinion on the matter?

Put it like this: you take your son/daughter to the football and every opposition fan (or even your own fans, should your club sign him) boo Ched Evans. "Why do they all boo him, Daddy?". How do you fancy explaining that to your child?
It's a mob rule, Oldham we were willing to give him a chance, until they got death / rape threats to the board and others, how is that anything other than that?

If it was mean I would explain like anything else what happened and why some people are boo'ing him.

Again I ask why would this only be directed at Ched? did the killers who returned to football have this much media attention?

If Ched isn't to return to football what should he be doing?
By jtc
Oh man, I expect idiocy from the FB group but not here :roll:

Danneth, stop defending a convicted rapist ffs.
By J@mes
Picking sh-t up off the streets would be a start.
By J@mes
Football fans can't help but get defensive over players :lol: not one footballer deserves the money they get, it's fucking disgusting. So to be in that position after you've raped someone is a piss take.
By 160mph_boy
only deserve tht money if messi or ronaldo :salut:
By Superman001
J@mes wrote:Football fans can't help but get defensive over players :lol: not one footballer deserves the money they get, it's fucking disgusting. So to be in that position after you've raped someone is a piss take.

Couldn't agree more, none of them deserve 100k+ a week. A doctor who is saving lives or the people who defend our country are much more deserving of that sort of money.
By danneth
jtc wrote:Oh man, I expect idiocy from the FB group but not here :roll:

Danneth, stop defending a convicted rapist ffs.
defending in what way? did you actually read my posts, as a Wednesday fan how do you think I feel about him really...

My points are valid and no one has answered them yet, if they are idiotic posts then feel free to answer them nice and easily :salut:
By dutch
Wullie_trd wrote:
dutch wrote:Would you let Rolf back in the cartoon club to finger bang all the kids? I thought not.

He can work cleaning up dog Shite.

No ....... But micheal Jackson still had a career after filling the kids up with Jesus juice and finger blasting them.

Then there is also 2pac who also went on to continue his career after doing time for sexual assault.

For some reason rape doesn't count in the music industry.
By thestew
TimEP3 wrote:I'm taking it from the fact she sprained her ankle that evening, as reported in the court case.

without defending a convicted rapist, as know one on here really knows what happened in the hotel room. have you never woken up beside someone you would never have slept with sober? some nights i can get truly hammered and remember everything, other nights i can go have a few sociable drinks and the night is a mystery. regardless, professional football is one of few "jobs" where after serving your time you should not be able to go back to work, considering the conviction and the position you hold.
By TimEP3
danneth wrote: It's a mob rule, Oldham we were willing to give him a chance, until they got death / rape threats to the board and others, how is that anything other than that?

If it was mean I would explain like anything else what happened and why some people are boo'ing him.

Again I ask why would this only be directed at Ched? did the killers who returned to football have this much media attention?

If Ched isn't to return to football what should he be doing?
I assume you've now read the media reports and police statements confirming that Oldham didn't actually receive any threats at all, aside from loss of sponsorship because, you know, rapists don't make for good fronts for your business.

The killers didn't continue to make their victim's lives hell, either through their actions or inaction.

If he's not going to return to football he should do whatever other type of gainful employment he can find. Just like any other professional would have to, should they lose their job as a lawyer, doctor etc because they were found guilty in court of raping someone.
By m1ke
Superman001 wrote:
J@mes wrote:Football fans can't help but get defensive over players :lol: not one footballer deserves the money they get, it's fucking disgusting. So to be in that position after you've raped someone is a piss take.

Couldn't agree more, none of them deserve 100k+ a week. A doctor who is saving lives or the people who defend our country are much more deserving of that sort of money.
Always makes me laugh this POV. Why don't they deserve it? Footballers are entertainers.

Does George Clooney deserve his wages? Does Lewis Hamilton? Elton John? Shall I go on?

Top end entertainers get paid lots of money, Premier League footballers are top end entertainers.
By jtc
m1ke wrote:
Superman001 wrote:

Always makes me laugh this POV. Why don't they deserve it? Footballers are entertainers.

Does George Clooney deserve his wages? Does Lewis Hamilton? Elton John? Shall I go on?

Top end entertainers get paid lots of money, Premier League footballers are top end entertainers.
I don't find footballers entertaining. Athletes are entertaining but don't earn big bucks like footballers ...

The NFL has it right with a salary cap, although it's not really a cap as such. I'd like to see something similar for the EPL.
By TimEP3
The highest paid player in the NFL has recently signed a 7 year deal worth £84m. That's £12m per year, or £250,000 per week. That's roughly the same as the highest paid footballers get.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]