The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By J@mes
Anyone interested? I'm pretty much locked in my area come Sunday morning so may as well watch it, as with most of north sheffield. Some journo collered me and the mrs when we were trying to have a picnic in Bradfield and asked us about it, I said "its probably like watching paint dry" and it got published :lol: apart from a carnival atmosphere I can't see the appeal in watching road cycling, it's more something you do?
By danneth
Where you watching it from? It's coming along the end of our road was going to nip along but decided to go to Waddington instead.

The amount of roads that have been resurfaced for this in the last few months is insane :lol:
By J@mes
I know, they're great to ride on :lol: I'm torn between going to my mums or other half mums at Bradfield to watch it or stopping here where there's be more people and it'll be booming.
By 160mph_boy
Only exciting bits for me is the Sprints toward the finish of stages, and seeing Cavendish go for it flat out... that guy is so explosive on burst sprints!!!
By Sacrificial Pawn
Lewisgame wrote:Only enjoy it when they stack it and cause a massive pile up.
:salut:

Although, being a part time lycra afficionado these days; I do appreciate the tactics and battles.
By dcep3
It's not much of a spectator sport but I do like it on TV, been watching for as long as I can remember
By dandemoraliser
enjoy the breaks on the mountains, anyone else would be blowing out their ass but they kick so hard, its like they've just started riding up my rode, not a 30% gradient ! :shock: :shock:
By Mark83
dcep3 wrote:It's not much of a spectator sport but I do like it on TV, been watching for as long as I can remember
This. I'll happily sit and watch it for hours on TV.

It's passing too close to home on Monday not to watch it so I'm working from home and cycling out to Epping to watch the intermediate sprint. I should then be home in time to watch the finish on TV.
By J@mes
Enjoying it? :lol: I'll try and get some pics later from street view but expecting crowds to be deeeeeeeeeeeep around where I'm going so might not be possible.
By richd7
Those crowds are too close, making the roads single file in some areas. They should use a few of the cars to create a wider path with the help of speed and bumpers!
By 160mph_boy
Shouldn't be called Tour de France though. not if they're touring UK.

Very misleading and stupid!

Tour de Europe would be more appropriate.
By J@mes
Should be re named the Yorkshire tour cos we do it r8!!

Anyway let's light up the thread :cooldude:

This afternoon about 2 hours before arrival.

Few team cars going through front of the main pack

Front pack coming through

A glimpse of team sky

One of the main tv camera bikes

As many French gendarme as our police which was a special site so close to home

5 camera crew choppers that came from the horizon, really special moment in my opinion, did a bit of twirling for the crowds above.

That's about it just watched the rest instead of looking through a lens.

Thought it was an amazing day watching it so close to home definitely changed my opinion just because of the general atmosphere surrounding the event. These pictures were literally 2 minutes from my doorstep :lol:

As for it being a deep crowd it turns out everyone seemed to be going further down so we were a little more spread where we were. Itv went to a break at our point though and only showed the sheffield Wednesday ground :lol:

Anyone else any pics close to home?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]